Cumberland River/Yellow Creek

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Brad30110, May 3, 2009.

1. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Today me and Scott went out to lock c and 5oz wasn't enough lead to hit bottom with all the rain from the last few days. We anchored in just inside yellow creek and threw in where the two waters met. Scott caught several smaller catfish in the 1-3 lb range, and I caught 1x 9 lb blue. Didn't rain to much, and overall we had a good fun day!

2. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    will be moveing to dover in begining of july, may have to get together.

3. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yesterday (SAT) I went down to yellow creek and fished were is meets the Cumberland River. I didn't want to get hit by one of the big trees in the main river that's moving 10 mph. I was there from 4-7 pm and caught 2 nice fish in the 10lb area.

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone heard of any big cats coming out of the steam plant latley. I am currently overseas and a buddy of mine told me that they are catching a bunch of monsters. But he also likes to tell fish stories so i am going to ask to see if anyone else hears the same?

5. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    i 've personally got a 10lb there like 2 days ago i've seen a good 35 to 40 lb pulled out that same day. so yeah they have been getting some nice ones

6. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    what is the water temperature up there i have been going every weekend since about february and havent had a good night yet. i hear all the good fish are being caught during the day time? i've gotten so discouraged i sold my boat!!!!! help me out guys