Cumberland River Question

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Tym2Fish, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I have a good friend attending a conference real close to were the Grand Old Oprey is located. I believe that the Cumberland river is real close to were he is staying. Question is any good fishing around there? He wont have a vehicle and was thinking about packing his pole for something to do in his down time. We are not familiar with the area at all so any info you could pass along would be appreciated. Thanks

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not sure if there is any place to bank fish within walking distance of where your friend will be staying. What hotel?motel will he be staying at?

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Gaylord Opryland Resort

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres a dock there where they keep the river boat. But dont know if they would allow anyone to fish form it.
    But I sure would love to fish in the stream they have running through the hotel.:)
    PEte

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Wish I had to oppurtunity to go!! One last question if I may. This time of year whats hot and whats not with regards to type of artificials? He will have limmited luggage capicity so should he take a small assortment of artificials(crankbaits,etc...) or would he be better off to pickup some bait and catfish there? Thanks again for your time.

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There just happens to be a bass pro shop real close.

7. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Bam thank you very much. I will let him know.:)