Cumberland River near Lock B

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Whistler, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Went out Friday evening and launched at the Lock B south boat ramp. Bob(Kittycatcher) and I went up to the dam to try and catch some skips and shad. We found neither. So we caught one bluegill and a small drum. Finally after looking 2 or 3 hours for enough bait to fish for awhile, we decided to just use the little we had and do a little drifting. We started about 100 yards downstream of the boat ramp and drifted for about an hour. I was just about to tell Bob it was time to give up when my rod bent and the tip nearly touched the water. After a 15 or 20 minute fight we landed a 44 lb Flathead. I've caught bigger blue cats, but this is my biggest flathead to date. Bob cut up the drum and I hung the bluegill down about 2 foot from the bottom live. We were drifting right down the middle of the river. Made a decent night for us. We went out Saturday too at Guice Creek. This time I didn't forget the frozen skips. LOL I laid the fish where you see it because my back wouldn't let me hold it long enough for the pic.

Attached Files:

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to go whistler !!!!! great story and pics ,,congrats on a big flatty !!! enjoyed ..

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great stuff. Not a flathead chaser but ain't that a bit out of the ordinary for flatheads? Nice fish indead.

4. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    nice fish i bet it put up a good fight. i was hoping the skipjack were at the dam. john

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    good deal bryan... glad to see you got out there and caught a hog...

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on a very nice flat. Where is lock B located? Ive heard about it, but have never been there or been told exactly where it is. I do most of my fishing between the steam plant and lock C. Sometimes further down river. Congrats again. SGT Shorey over and out

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Bryan, congrats on the PB flathead. Way to go brother

8. KATFISH J.

KATFISH J. New Member

State:
    CALIFORNIA
    Wow, well that Gill payed off, nice job, WTG........

GET THE NET !!!!!!

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well, from Clarksville you can go to one of two places. If you live on the Sango side of town, it's probably closer to go hiway 12 toward Ashland city til you see Lock B Rd North, turn there and follow it to the ramp. If you live anywhere else in Clarksville it's probably best to go out hiway 48/13, like you're going to the steam plant, only don't turn on 149. Follow hiway 13 til you see the Tri-angle market and the Mont County Co-op. That should be Old Hiway 48 if I'm not mistaken. Follow it for about 7 miles or so til you see Lock B Rd South. Turn there and follow til you see the boat ramp. It'll be in a big right bend in the road in the farm fields. This ramp is in the middle of nowhere, but it's about 8.5 miles downstream from Cheatham Dam. And about 10 miles from Clarksville. Might just be better off launching downtown and running up if you have a fast boat. I prefer to launch at the Lock. Hope this helps. Now you know my secret fishing spot! LOL Actually, if you ever want to know any of my favorite spots on the river, just ask. There is plenty of good spots out there for all of us, many times over.

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate all your advice. Maybe you could show me some of them honey holes instead of telling me. I get back somewhere around november. SGT Shorey over and out.

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Way to go old man, glad to see you get out and do some fishing.
    Pete

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice fish, congrats

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice catch.............

14. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    WTG Brian, That is a well deserved fish. Treasure it because, I haven't even come close to my big flatty.Tell Joann I said Hi!!!

15. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Super flat Bryan! Congrats on the new PB. Need to get together will yall sometime this summer. Dad and I are about to start night fishing that area. Maybe we could plan to meet up with yall soon and put in together. We've been fishing the Tenn. River some and I've been scouting the Cumb. around Ashland City w/ the 997 SI. Finding some promising spots up there.

16. lookinfurabiggun

lookinfurabiggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice fish Brian congrats on your personel best. Keep Catchin em

17. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Great job and congratulations, Brian!:big_smile: