Cumberland River/Lock C

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Brad30110, May 1, 2009.

1. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    This morning turned out to be a good fishing trip. Through the thunderstorms, the gallons of water pumped out of my bilge, a shimmer of light. This morning I arrived at the Cumberland City steam plant with cool breeze to gather some bait. After catching plenty of shad and some skipjack we noticed the stripers were running very good. Everyone was constantly pulling them out, even some nicer 25 lbs rock fish. I threw a line in and quickly pulled up a keeper. We headed out the to boat launch and headed up river to lock C. Arriving there we threw the rods in and the fun started. Within the first hour we had pulled out 4 nice fish per. A mix of flat heads and blues. Then the hard rain started and they went dead. We tried moving around and nada... After that I headed in and coolbreeze continued to fish. Any luck?

2. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    ashley 198.jpg

ashley 199.jpg

ashley 201.jpg

3. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks and sounds like a good trip to me. It seems that the worst days weather wise are some of the best days for catching.

4. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Well as Brad was saying the bite started great. We got really wet, and I mean really wet. After Brad left I was able to catch 5-6 more. Total for the day was 11. When I was comming in the bottom fell out, and man I could onlly idle back to the ramp due to not being able to see and all the stuff floating in the water. It was good to meet brad, and other than being waterlogged we had a great time.

Attached Files:

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice catch guys..

6. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I definitely second you there Shadguts. Nice catch there Brad

7. tnvol