Cumberland River information

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by theonecatfishbob, Feb 2, 2007.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hi everyone. I am planning to visit my son at Ft. Campbell sometime this month. Probably towards the end of the month. I have never been to the area and would like to ask about the river. I want to bring my boat with me and do a little fishing while I am there. Does the Cumbeland freeze over so that you cant fish it? Are there any dikes like we have on the Mo.? What is the average channel depth? How much current will I deal with? Thanks for any and all info.

2. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Hey Bob. The May 5th tourney is in Paris,TN. That will be on the Tennessee River, not the Cumberland River. The tourney in September will be on the Cumberland. The water levels right now are much higher than normal for this time of year because of some upriver dam issues that are going on right now. The current should still be very good at the end of the month. Good Luck out there.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bob, if you could get down the weekend of the 17th and 18th the fish and camp will be in full swing. Would be a great oppertunity to meet some fellow BOCer's.