Cumberland river{Cheatham to Dover}

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by canepole, Nov 10, 2007.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I have been sitting here thining about how the weather has changed, And I am pretty sure them big old blues have done started schooling and feeding.
    and its rough being laid up with all this pretty weather, I was wondering if anybody has been catching any big uns between Cheatham Dam and Dover.
    I'm hoping to be out there the end of next week,Depending on what the doc say's thursday when I go see him.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tom, I haven't been out in a month or so. My Dad got us another boat in July and we're still trying to finish rigging it for big cattin'. Hopefully we'll be ready to tryem out in a couple weeks. I know we need some bait. I'm planning on making a trip up to the steamplant in week or so for some skipjack. I hope you have a full recovery from your injuries.

3. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went out fished from lock b to queens bluff the water temp was about 60 degrees. all i caught was little cats under 3 lbs. wind was blowing boat around.

4. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Not sure if its going to be a good day for catching, But I'm going fishing in the morning, I have been laid up with a messed up knee and havn't fished since september, And don't realy care if I catch any fish or not, But I sure enough plan on being out there in the morning. I went down to the river earlier today and it looked like there was real good current and there was some fish playing right by the ramp, that got the blood pumping, I hadn't seen current like that in a long time,,,,

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck Tom and be careful out there. Let us know how you do.

6. tennessee blues

tennessee blues New Member

State:
    Fort Bragg, North Carolina
    Good luck Tom, I always did pretty well this time of year on the rip rap bank below the steam plant and along the 10 mile stretch between the Dover ramp and Bumpus mills. There are some deep holes that always produce big fish.

Shayne

7. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    How you been doing Shayne, And when are you moving back to Clarksville, Me and steve fished down river from smithsbranch, had a few hits, And one good one on a gutt pocket, But I reckon he didn't get enough in his mouth, so we both didn't get nothin, But we did get out on the river,, LOL
    Gas being so high, I don't get to far away from smithsbranch,

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tom I know it did you good to get out for a while.
    Pete

9. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Yep it was nice getting out there Pete, I'll be glad when I am back to 100 %

10. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    we wanted to go but didn't have the new boat ready...we will go out sometime this week , no rod holders yet trying to figure out how to put em on with minimal holesFind any big uns'?

11. jbenni01

jbenni01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Anybody ever do any good fishing upriver from Clarksville in the winter. I've not fished the Cumberland a lot in the winter but when I did it was below the steamplant. Fishing about Clarksville would be close to me.