cumberland river at clarksville any reports?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by biga, Nov 13, 2008.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i am thinking about coming down to clarksville and fishing this weekend for a change of scenery .... anyone been fishing down there lately ? i am looking at putting in at clarksville and fishing the area around the hwy 48/13 bridge ...

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with the fishing brother. I love that stretch of river and will be back on it in a couple of weeks

3. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I went last Sunday bass fished most of day and caught a mess of them. But the last 2 hours we catfished right by the Zinc plant Road bridge and caught about 15 good eaters but no big ones biggest about 3#. We used chicken liver from save a lot since it was right there we put in at fairgrounds.

Orrin

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    If you go Adam, good luck to ya. It's got to be better than what's going on here right now.

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I will be doing a great deal of fishing in this area the first couple weeks of december if anyone is interested

6. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN

Shane~ I'd be interested in joining you if you want a fishin buddy to tag along. I'm new at the catfishing thing as I've only started this past summer. I've always wanted to try the Cumberland River for cats, but have been unable to do so since I do not have a boat. I live in La Vergne and bank fish Percy Priest. All I've been catching there are 5-10 lb channel cats. I'd be happy to drive up to Clarksville. It ain't that far :cool2:

7. Catfishnewbie08

State:
    TN
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention one thing....I pretty much have every friday off.

8. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would love to take you out fishing. I will be available starting the first part of december and plan on doing a good deal of skipjack catching and catfishing. I am still in Iraq, but will be home before Thanksgiving. Of course I will have to spend some time with the family before I can get too carried away. My wife/baby will be in Ohio, so every weekend I will be driving up there. Anytime during the week will be good though if you can swing it. Just keep in touch and we will work something out.

9. Catfishnewbie08

State:
    TN
    Awesome. I've never actually caught or even seen skipjack yet, so that'd be neat to see. I've heard that even catching the skipjack themselves can be quite fun, especially on light tackle. I don't have any heavy catfishing gear yet, though I plan on buying some soon. As of now, I've been using my bass fishing tackle, but I know that the big boys would pretty much destroy that. As I mentioned before, I pretty much have every fridays off. But if you'd like to go earlier in the week, I can always call in sick *cough cough*. I work for the state as a forester, so its pretty flexible as far as my work schedule goes. Just let me know when you wanna go when December roles around.

I didn't know you are currently in Iraq. I salute you man! I would imagine you're excited to be coming home soon after a year away from the family. Take care and be safe!

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't worry about the tackle, I have plenty for both of us!

The skipjack are a blast to catch and you will not be disappointed.

11. 10uhcplz

10uhcplz New Member

State:
    Jackson Tenness
    I was in Clarksville yesterday....my son is looking at AP. Let me know about when you will be fishing....I'd like to come up sometime pretty soon.
    Me and my brother was talking about that river this morning and may just plan a trip in a couple of weeks. Get back with me!!!!

12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My first trip out in the boat should be Monday afternoon. I will put in there on riverside and head down past the red river and try to find some holes. I have never hit this area in a boat so I will be learning the river as I go.

13. Catfishnewbie08

State:
    TN
    Welcome home Shane. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with the family after being in Iraq for so long! Let me know when you want a fishing buddy along and go after the pigs!

14. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Give me a few days to work the rust off and I will give you a shout. I look forward to taking you our on the river.

15. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Shane.Just wanted to say thank you for your service to our country. I support you the troops. You deserve a fishing trip and more.
    John

16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    any reports on the clarksville area? anyone going to be fishing that area next week? i plan on being down there tuesday morning to fish the clarksville area of cumberlandcity..

17. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Adam, good luck with your fishing. You should have a great time