cumberland river around gainesboro

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by robert young, Jul 5, 2009.

1. robert young

robert young New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Is there any good fishing around gainesboro I just moved to the area and want to start catfishing the cumberland any help would be appreicated.

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC. How far from Clarksville TN are you? I don't know excatly where you are at, but I am sure there is good fishing around your area. The cumberland river boasts some big catfish. Some of the biggest in the country. I fish the cumberland from Clarkville to Woodlawn all the way to cumberland city. And I have pretty good luck. Not an expert by any means. I am currently away from home and will be back around mid oct. I will be more help then and can give you more info. Just keep your eyes open on here and people will give you some good info. SGT Shorey out

3. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    he is on the other end of the cumberland!! close to me!! hes just east of carthage and cordell hull lake!! i dont know if any big ones have been caught down our way? the thing o do will be to ask some of the guys up around clarksville that catch the big ones about the river anddepth just to see how it compares to our sections ofthe river!!

4. robert young

robert young New Member

State:
    tennessee
    thanks everyone for the information about the Cumberland river since Im on the opposite end of you guys I may just go give it a try and see how it goes.

5. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    All i can say is man just get out there and fish hehe. I personally like to target fallen trees and stuff along the bank where the water is deeper on the edge. That and i can't pass up a good drop off either hehe. :smile2: I duno if your bank fishing or in a boat but i've heard alot of good things about the cumberland too. I haven't been a big catfisherman till this year and all i got to say is that i love it!!!!!!!!!. I am just sorry that i haven't been catfishing my whole life. I hope you find some good spots out there man and catch a big one. gl n have fun.