Cumberland city

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Feb 2, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Is anyone going to cumberland city or dover this weekend. It's cold but I haven't been in a few weeks and would like to go tommorrow/ sat. Let me know

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris, I might be able to go in the morning. If I can go, I'll just be trying for skipjack. I'll probably get there around 7 am and leave by noon.

3. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I will be going Sunday. Not sure what time yet.

4. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    I too will be going to the steamplant for skipjacks in the morning."sunday at
    me and puddycat will be there. close to the wall and the stairs. about 7:30am

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Hope everyone catches lots of skipjack. Post back and let the rest of know how you do.
    And the ones fishing catch a big blue .:cool2:
    Pete

6. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Didn't end up going today it was just to windy and with wind and these temps I figured I'll wait till this crappy weather is outa here.Who knows I might have caught my pb but this weather is nasty.And when you can't get the ice to come outa your boat, which mine was covered, I was worried about slipin on it and fallin in. Hope you guys catch a lot of skips in the morning I haven't been able to catch any for a long time.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Pete, what do you guys do with all the skipjacks? Do you freeze them for later use, or what? Just wondering. I freeze some of my bait, too, in vacuum bags, and it works pretty good when I can't get fresh stuff. Thanks

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Went yesterday at about 10AM and spent til after 1PM and caught 1 skipjack. Threw white, yellow, red, chartreuse grubs and spoons at them. Stripers were running heavy yesterday. We didn't even see anyone catching many skipjacks. One or two was all we say anyone catch. Tough to get em right now. Hope they're better today.

9. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    well just got back from the steam plant and the roads were slick with snow this morning but no bad weather ever stops me :smile2: anyway me and puddycat went down and filled a full size cooler up fairly quick with skip jack. then John Stephens showed up. and a few Min's latter Jw and some of his friends showed up. we were catching the skipjacks on double white jigs and sobk rigs. we were all on the sidewalk side.. down on the point at the mouth. casting out and count to 10 the start popping and reeling.
    JW was still there when we headed out and he also had one cooler filled up but he brought 3 coolers down to fill. hope he fills all of them up. :smile2:
    had a good day out and i can say wish you guys would have came down..

10. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, I didn't get to make it on Sat. and from the sound of it, I'm glad I didn't. Bryan, sorry yall didn't fair so well. I'm glad to hear of the good report from Sunday though. I hope they stay in there through next weekend. I'm planning to go this Sat. If any of you can make it, I'll see you there.

11. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Darn!! Sounds like they are avoiding us. I think we need to time it so DH is there with all that pink stuff he uses. Then we'll knock em dead! Glad to hear you guys did well. JW forgot what a phone is I guess. LOL We'll get em sooner or later!

12. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i sure hope someone has a few extra skips they can give a fat man

13. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If I have any xtra, I will give to a fat man, wouldn't want him to be baitless.

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I wrap mine in Saran wrap that way they can't freeze together. And throw them in a bag.
    I still have some from last spring. And hope to get to use some of them soon.
    Also I cut mine still frozen. They thaw out in the water and for me I like it that way.
    Pete

15. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Well everyone is catchin skips but me. I am going this weekend no matter what the weather is. What time of day is the best for skips lately?

16. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    you can catch them pretty much any time of the day if they are running. I would suppose that first light and near sunset would be "best". I have caught them at any time throughout the daylight hours

17. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm still planning on being there at 7 am and probably stay till noon or so.

18. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    I was hitting the skipjack from 8am till 12
    I would come over there sat but i got a catfish tournament there at cumberland city boat ramp from 7 till 4

19. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Michael, good luck on the tourny Sat. BTW, what tourny is it?

20. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    I'm considering going this Saturday evening. Setting out a pole for cats or strippers, and catching saome bait too.

If the tournament is at the boat ramp in C city Might try to catch the weigh in.