Cumberland City Steam Plant

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by brother hilljack, Nov 17, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I will be home soon. Just curious if anyone was having luck at the steamplant. Are the Skips starting to move in there yet.

How are conditions on the Cumberland river. Anybody catching any cold weather blues???

2. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Did anyone hit the river over the weekend. Come on guys, I need some good info so I can prepare a plan of attack for upcoming fishing trips

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Don't know about the river, but the skips are hitting good in Lake Barkley. I caught around 50 last tuesday, kept 5 to fish with and released the rest :big_smile: yes I C&R skippy fish alot :smile2: The Blues seem to be starting to hit good in the lake too.

4. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Griz,

Thanks for the update. I bet they are getting good right now. I can't wait to catch me some

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  6. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Shane they are at C City.Caught some this afternoon.Average 10 - 12 in. a few larger.White jigs and sabiki rig.Seemed real picky about depth.A little while real shallow next few minutes real deep.Hope this helps.I cant tell you exactlywhere.Im swore to secracy.Its a secret spot known only to me and my friend Shiloh Red and he told me.:smile2:

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the info. I will be in there next week so I will keep everyone posted on how they are doing.

8. hopnsg

hopnsg New Member

State:
    KY
    Skips are picking up at the steam plant. Caught 56 on Thursday. Also caught several small cats and a 26 pound blue. Should just get better in the next few weeks.

9. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Its good to hear success guys. Keep it up. Ive been fishing the steamplant area for skips with no luck. Are you guys fishing the discharge side of c.c. or the intake. Or both? Wondering if its the warm water they like.

10. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    John I was on discharge side on bank between bridge and river.They were catching them all up and down the bank very well.Hope this helps.

11. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I drove by there Sunday and people were catching them pretty thick. I will be fishing for them on Monday after Thanksgiving. Hope to see some of you down there

12. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Hey shane, I just got my boat up and running so watch out. Buddy. I am going down to the steam plants on friday maybe saturday. I will let you all know how the skips are going when I get back. I also plan on hitting the cumberland river this weekend. I will post when all is complete.

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The skipjack are in there pretty thick, caught a 100 of them a week ago. Was down there this last sunday morning with my kid, seen some small catfish caught and some good size striper, as for me lost something big. I plan on being down there early mornings for thursday and saturday, if not more.

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I wish I could make it there.

15. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Well, I just got back from the steam plants. The skips are running very good. I caught 48 in less then two hours. I was shocked that there wasn't more people fishing being how nice it was outside. But their were some people there. A couple strippers were caught and some cats less then ten pds. I primary fished about 20feet from the catwalk down on the rocks. I had a blast using light tackle catching them. So go catch them and hope to see any of you down there again this weekend. I will be back their on sunday.

16. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Danny, I will be down there on Sunday myself. I expect to get to campbell around 1400 and will be heading straight down there. Let me know what time you plan on hitting it

17. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was thinking about heading down there tomorrow how did everybody do this weekend

18. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll take it that nobody went. Well I might try this week sometime. It has been almost a year since I have been down there.

19. 10uhcplz

10uhcplz New Member

State:
    Jackson Tenness
    I think the next trip I make will be New Johnsonville. I'm about ready to get my rod and reels tore up. LOL!!!!!

20. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Chris I went Friday for few and caught some but didnt stay long. The place was packed full of people one every 10 feet. I'm thinking of going back one day this week. Some people looked like they was doing good and seen some rock fish caught.

Orrin