cumberland city steam plant skipjack report

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jan 17, 2010.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Me and three of my buddies drove down from st louis and tore them up yesterday. Other fellows from st louis did the same thursday and friday.

2. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

Glad to here you got some catfish candy.

3. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is anyone catching any? Wondered if you all got a bunch of rain last week and how it affected the skipjack?

4. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Yes we did David.Reports were it was high,muddy and slow fishing over weekend.Should settle down quickly if no more rain.

5. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like there might be another storm headed that way.

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Me,Catman and one of are buds went down Saturday.Water was @ 34 feet,3 and 4 inch shad where thick,Skipjack few and far between.Seen maybe 20 skips caught form about 6.30 till 12 out of the 25 guys Skip fishing.You guys hear anything good let me know.Spent $150 last time and came back with 9 Skips, I caught 2,Catman 2,Big Larry 1 and some local man was nice enough to donate 5 he caught on 1 jig trying for Stripers.

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It can be tough there sometimes. Sorry you guys had to spend that much time and money to travel that far and not have much luck. I only live about 50 min. from the steamplant and get pretty aggravated if the skips are not in there. I'd like to try them out this weekend. It's supposed to be in the low 30's for high temps, so not sure if I want to go.

8. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Might have to plow your way to CC this weekend.You make the path and catch them bad boys let me know I got a Jeep and we do Travel.

9. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I caught all I could handle at Gallatin Steam plant during and after the rain.

10. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Thats it !!!!!! Rub it in.Are you trying to make me cry????Lmao

11. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Anybody heard anything out of Cumberland City.I know the waters been up but Sunday looks pretty good to me.Heck what do I know I think I've caught 8 skipjacks in 3 trips thats about $27 a skip and worth every penny of it.Any help would be Awesome.

12. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    Anyone been down there lately?

13. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    A week ago today there were in there in good numbers but by Saturday they had thinned out to hard to find and small at that.

14. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    I was thinking about heading up there Saturday morning, any of you guys got a report on what they been doin up there latley?

15. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    went out yesterday and i got a good 5 gallon bucket full it weighted 34lbs total. I was using a subiki rig with grubs on it. they were red body with white ends. I would reel it in slow and i would get one about every cast. Though the skippies kept changing their depth on me. One minute they would be on top the next minute they would be in the middle then to the bottom. Btw it only took me about 2 hours. The water came down a few feet but its still muddy.

16. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'll be out there tomorrow morning bright and early.

17. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Went down this morning,144 in 3hrs 100 of them 2 to 2 1/2 pounders,water was over siewalk an muddy but the skips didnt mind.

18. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Dang wish i could get about 50 of them skipjack to South of atlanta frozen

19. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It ain't that far of a drive for ya.. Could just ride up to Lake Nickajack and catch them at the dam.. maybe 3 hour drive..

20. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    skipjacks are they in there at Lake Nickajack dam this time of the year???????????