Cumberland City SkipJack attack!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by SkipEye, Jan 8, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well........you'd think they was attacking when you see the look on my stepson Collin's face......priceless!:smile2:

Actually to be fair, he settled down a little bit after he caught a few more.:cool2:

He stayed pretty busy crossing everyones line while casting too but everyone was a good sport about it.:smile2:

And he was snagged quite often, man.... Dad went through some tackle that day!:eek:oooh:

But we also got the trip on our new video camera and had a lot of fun watching the rerun at home.

Great Trip and Great Memories with the fellow Boccers that fished alongside us!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    And folks let me say this: I was honored to be present when Darryl aka "Skipeye" caught his first "Real" Skipjack!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a blast just watching those young'ns reel in all them skipjack, the looks on their faces was priceless.
    Hey Darryl, Post a pic of your first skippy for the rest of them to see!!!

3. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Har-De-Har-Har-Har, you are always the clown JW. I do in fact have the 'OFFICIAL' copyrighted image of SkipEye's first REAL SkipJack catch. It has been verified to be a true specimen by the State of Tennesse Fisheries biologists!:wink:

Ahem........ it's at the taxidermy shop as we speak and will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Autographed 8x10 glossy's are also available at my website for $9.99 each. LMAO!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

4. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Here is another shot!

JW forgot his lunch and tried to eat a skipjack (danged hillbilly).

Or...... maybe he was just hamming it up for the camera.......Naaaaaah!, JW wouldn't do that would he?

Attached Files:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It needed salt, LMAO!!!!

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I would love to make the trip down there sometime, sounds like a blast!:roll_eyes:

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    im glad to see every one catching some skipjacks taken my kids back down this weekend an let them have some fun with the skipjacks if the water is not up to high

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Nice tactic skipeye...bring the step-son to cast over the competition's lines!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: Nice skip's too...better tell JW he gave away his "secret" lure there in the picture:smile2: when he was having a little snack.:smile2:

9. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Sure is alot of fun catching those skipjack.

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    And here we have the award winner for the smallest SkipJack of the day. That would be CUZ!:smile2:

Caught on a rod and reel to boot!

I always heard those swashbuckling pilots were overcompensating for something small!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

11. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    way to go cuz olboy we all knew you had it in ya

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Heck, I thought that was the jig he was trying to catch them with!

13. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Oh that small skippy is worth 15-20 big skipjack if you trade with the rock fish fishermen.

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I betcha someone fishing for stripers would have slobbered to have that fish alive!:dribble:

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Catching skipjack is a blast. Sometimes they can be really tough to catch and sometimes you can catch them all day long. I've seen times when they were hard to catch and the ones that were catching them were selling them for $1.00 each. Those striper fishermen are a strange bunch too. When fishing with live skipjacks I prefer one that is about 12" long. If all I can catch is the big 3 and 4 lbrs. I will cut off the head and fish it on the bottom. Stripers will readily swallow a big head, kinda like a big bluecat. Remember go with what works for you and never give up!!!:cool2:

16. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Thats what I figured John. But all the stripper guys I talked too while getting the skipjack said they use live 6"-10" skipjack. They did not like the dead ones or the big ones.