Cumberland City Saturday Morning..11/18/06

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Michael, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Me and "Puddycat" will be in my boat and "John Stephens" and his brother will be in there boat and i believe "Canepole" will be down there too in his boat. At the boat ramp at the steam plant in Cumberland City 11/18/06 this Saturday morning. If anyone wants to come out a join us.. i will be there about 7:30 to 8:00 am to launch. I'm sure John will be there about the same time.. bring out your boat and some warm gear and lets go get some big ones..
    I think "Canepole" is coming by water from smith branch last i heard.

2. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I'll probably launch at C/city I got to thinking about that long ride and it'll most likly be foggy so I figure i'll just launch from there. I may be gone by 7am I'm going to try and be set up by 0630. I'll be heading up river

3. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Well Boy's I reckon I am going to stay at the house tomorrow. I just got back from the steam plant and there's tree's and all kinds of debris floating and I believe I'm just going to hang around the house and watch some football. I'll try and get a day of fishing in next weekend.

***GO**BLUE***

4. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    me and puddycat are still going in the morning and i just got off the phone with john Stephens and he said him and his brother are still going. we are meeting at the boat ramp between 7:30 am and 8:00 am if anyone wants to come out.. come on out canepole dont let the debris scare ya .
    the nice sized 35 to 45 pds and bigger cat should be running hopfully

5. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    fished from the cumberland steam plant down towards dover and caught one 7 pound blue on skipjack strips, only had that one bite. fished from 8am to 2pm. there was a lot of wood floating in the water and a lot of leaves the wind blew and it was hard to stay in one place. so how did the new depth finder work michael. hope your guide got you onto fish mine didnt.

6. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    my guide gave me bad luck. :tounge_out: and the new fish finder works great found lots of fish but i cant figure out how to get the map Creator 6 onto my MCC card and load it on the fish finder? i might have to call Lowrance Monday. ohh and we only caought 3 one at about 5 pds and two at about 3pds. how they got that big hook and big chunck off skipjack in thier mouth i have no clue

7. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I went out today also and had one decent run, I couldn't get any fresh bait yesterday and I was using skipjacks that were so frost burned that the eyes were missing, I didn't catch nothing, I fished in a couple good spots that has produced good sized cats, But the trash and debree. finaly moved me outta there. I got my good run in calm water. I put in at smithsbranch, and fished till around noon thirty. had to get back and watch mich/Ohio game.....

8. K.ENGLEND

K.ENGLEND New Member

State:
    TN
    To bad the winds got so tough out there for you Michael.
    i was out and had the same problem