cumberland city river level

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bigcatkev, Dec 12, 2005.

1. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Could anyone tell me how the river level is in cumberland city at the steam plant? Is that old boat ramp the only one around or is there another?

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The level is down a good bit, but of course the rain is suppose to be coming in for the next couple of days. On the way to the cumberland city the second overpass from where you turn to go to tva I believe their is a boat ramp , and just up the road from the steam plant a short distance where their is another overpass their is another boat ramp, and you can go a bit further wher everything opens up their is even more ramps, by the wildlife refuge.

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I talked to Catfishhunter and Bigriver Saturday and they said the river was way down and no current to speak of. If you go toward Clarksville on hiway 149 you'll cross a bridge with lot's of water on the right side and if you watch the signs it's called Guice Creek. Not too much further up the road is the entrance, it'll be on the left. It'll look like you're turning into a housing complex or something. There'll be a garage or barn with an old Amoco sign on it right there. That boat ramp is on the creek and if you follow the creek it'll take you to the river. There is another ramp a bit further toward Clarksville. I'd say about 4 miles. That will be Yellow Creek. The ramp is on the right side of the hiway just below the bridge. Hope this helps.

4. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
  5. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey guy's thanks for the info. This should help me alot. Later!

6. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i think we would have better luck making the river rise if a couple of weeks before the gathering we had all the people coming to the gathering all pee in the river at the same time :grin-big: :grin-big: :rock-big: :grin-big: :grin-big: :grin-big:

ps just kidding

7. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    And just think Dusty if their is snow we all could write our name. :D