Cumberland City is still full of skippies!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Live2Fish.Fish2Live, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Live2Fish.Fish2Live

Live2Fish.Fish2Live New Member

State:
    Dickson,Tennessee
    I was down at Cumberland City yesterday trying to load up on more bait and had a very good day of it. I filled two five gallon buckets in a couple of hours and had a ball doing it. I even helped fill up some other peoples buckets and gave a Sabiki rig to a nice couple next to me so they could have some fun too. My only regret is that my family wasn't with me and my kids didn't get to get in on the action but when they saw my haul.......they told me I couldn't go back without them. My fishing buddy Gatortail went down there today and caught over a hundred so if your needing bait.......head on down there!

Please remember to get a young one interested in the outdoors by taking them hunting or fishing. They will oneday become our future sportsmen!
    Thanks!

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thats not what i wanted to hear... i am torn between going cat fishing or fishing for skips this weekend... i reallly need to hook a nice cat!!! but i eed bait:eek:oooh:

3. jrod79

jrod79 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    good to know that. hey if im going down i40 west how do i get to cumberland city steamplant where the skippys are and where do you put in?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I fished cumberland city steamplant today and the skips are still hitting good. I had my best luck using white jigs, but they were being caught on all kinds of rigs. the water is finally back down to normal levels so the fishing is better. The best fishing is being done between the bridge and the "wall". Once you pass the bridge the needle fish are a real pain in the a**!

5. Drum

Drum New Member

State:
    McEwen, TN
    You may want to take I-24 if your coming out of Nashville and get off at the Clarksville exit. I can't tell you how to go from there. Can anyone elaborate?

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I know what you mean about taking the kids, last time I went there a couple of weekends ago I took my daughter and she had a ball.

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    well thanks for the heads up.... we went down today and got about 400 skips between the 2 of us....

8. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    sounds like I need to go on a road trip

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what size are the skippys??

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    we caught some over 3 pounds.... most are the normal 1 pounders

11. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My Dad and I went to the steamplant this morning and caught 67 skips. We were there from 10:30 to 12:30. First time he'd been there in years, we had a good time!