CUMBERLAND CITY GATHERING??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brother hilljack, Oct 1, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Though you all might be interested. This is a great opportunity to catch bait, large winter blues, and meet some BOC members in what would otherwise be considered "non-fishing" season. Just check in at the link below to get your name on the list.

Gatortail has started a thread proposing another Cumberland City gathering. Here is the link! http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93712

Gatortail, if you want to head this up, I will assist in anyway I can. I will be in Iraq until december, but I can keep track of all members that are scheduled to attend and any contributions (by donating time/work/food) they would like to make in order to help the event come together!

It would also be really cool to have a reputable catfisherman attend that would be willing to give a semi-formal presentation. ANY VOLUNTEERS??

I missed last years that was held in Jan or Feb (can't remember), but I would love to be a part of any upcoming event!!

Martin Luther King day will be on Jan 18th.
    Presidents day is on 15 Feb.

It is my opinion that one of these weekends would be the best from a missing work standpoint.

I can't remember who headed up last years gathering, I am sure they would be a great help in setting up another event.

If people are interested let me know.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    :big_smile: Hey now that sounds awesome! I swear if I could move one place it would be tennessee. I just love it down there. I would be very interested in making the trip down.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    There are actually 2 threads for the early stages of this event, the other is labeled Fish 'N' Camp 09. I was not originally aware of that post so I am contacting those members to merge the ideas.

tbull, you are more than welcome and I assure you it will be fun. It is an easy drive. I am from Chillicothe and it takes almost exactly 6 hours for me to get from Fort Campbell to home. Just make a post under the other thread that states you would like to attend and I will add your name.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks bro I will definatley look into it, you still in Iraq? Been there done that man, if you are stay safe and get home soon..:cool2:

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep, but will be home sooner than expected!! Still waiting for final word. I look forward to seeing you at the event if you make it. The skips can be caught 3 or 4 at a time that time of year at the steam plant. Plus the cattin aint' bad either.

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sounds like a plan bro, I wanted to make a skip trip down there anyway..

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
  8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hmm that just might have to be what i use my vacation for this winter :big_smile:

9. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Brother i assume i am going with you.

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Ohio hilljack, you know you are always welcome in my boat!!! Come on down.

The dates are offiically set for Feb 6,7,8. I doubt most people will make it down until the morning of the 7th. There are 12 members signed up right now and I expect 40-50 by the time this is over.

The location is Erin, Tn which is about 6 miles from the steam plant. There is a boat ramp right there at the plant and is conveiniently located about 100 meters from where the skipjack are!

Oh yeah, hilljack you don't need your boat, just lots of coolers for skips!

11. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    GUESS I HAD BETTER USE UP THE LAST FEW FROM LAST YEAR,IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD.

12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would say use them all up, or else Mama might get a little crazy when you start hauling fresh ones in!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

13. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I WOULD SAY YOU HAVE HIT ER ON THE HEAD..

14. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think we may be able to get one or two bags in there!!