Cumberland City Fish & Camp

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by canepole, Nov 24, 2005.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    The day's are flying by and before we know it, It will be time for a bunch of us to get together for some fun and fishing, I'm not sure of the date, but there is a Area in the Gathering section of this forum if your interested in attending.... I went and found a link. :eek:
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3569&page=3&pp=20

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tom I just signed up, sounds like a good way to spend my birthday. I'll bring my boat.

3. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Good deal, I'm looking forward to seeing you and everybody there . Can't wait................

4. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I guess we are going to have a lot of people at the fish and camp, I just got a pm from Adam foster, and he will be there to,. Man we are in for a good time.
    I hope Pete cooks up some more of that catfish, he is one heck of a good cook...............I can't wait.........

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just have to get over to that steam plant and learn my way around, I can't believe I have lived this close for over 30 years and never fished there. I don't think I am going to pay for another year at the marina so i'll be able to go other places with less trouble. Man is the bottom of my boat bad. Do you have any advice on cleaning it. The car wash didn't do much.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Depends on what the hull is made of.
    I used to take sand and my hand and clean our wooden boats. Fiberglass Used some spray can't remember what the name was and a pressure washer.

Tom I don't know if we will try to cook fish or not. Will know when time gets closer.
    PEte

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Red The boat is aluminum. Do you know any tricks for aluminum

thanks Danny

8. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Come on Tom, you can't expect poor Pete to fry fish in February!

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I had to clean a 40ft boat hull one time. It was Alumium, I took a power washer and got most of it off. But had to scrap a lot off and then sand the rest.
    Pete

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Chuck I bet it would be cooler then the other times. LOL
    WE will have to wait and see what happens. d if we can pull a fish fry off we may see about doing that. May just have chilli and Smoked chicken.
    PEte

11. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Danny, I have an aluminum boat also and use Muratic Acid to clean the hull. Works well and you wash it off with water. Good Luck.

12. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Danny, I think they still have a jug of Toon Brite up at LeFave's Market that was left over from when I had a pontoon. After you scrape off all the heavy stuff, you just spray the Toon Brite on and hose off. The jug comes about 3/4 full. You finish filling it with water and you're ready to spray it on. It comes with a sprayer. That stuff will make the aluminum brite as new.

13. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    danny go to auto parts store get alum wheel cleaner by the gl same as toon bright but cheiper works great

14. Matt Smith

Matt Smith New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Toilet bowl cleaner works as well. I use THE WORKS that can be bought at the dollar store.

15. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for all the advice, put about 4 hours in yesterday scraping and finished up with the pressure washer. It is much better but not good, I will try the aluminum bright or the aluminum wheel cleaner before spring.

Thanks to all who offered advice.

Danny

16. catfishkiller35

catfishkiller35 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I cant wait hope the biguns are biting and the skips are hittin!!!! :cool:

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Is it time yet?
    Man time sure is slow when waiting on a gathering.
    Sure hope to make it to a few more this year.
    Pete

18. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Hey Pete, I know exactly what you are going thru, Man we are in for some fun, I am going to take that friday off and will be out on the river the first thing in the morning, that friday

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tom I plan on being there around noon that Thursday. It will depend on how I feel, But I may try for some bait thursday evening.
    I will post on the gathering thread the rest of the time. That way all of it will be in Toms Camp and Fish thread.. :)
    PEte

20. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Pete, should I bring my fish cooker to the gathering? Will there be a meal or dinner on Saturday evening?