Culpepper

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by nuthinlikeacat, Mar 21, 2006.

1. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    As a Mn native, there is nothing that makes me more happy than to see Dante go. I'm glad he's not our problem now! Dante is the most overrated Qb in a LONG time!

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey fellows,

I think that the Raiders blew it :rolleyes: - they knew that they needed a QB - and Culpepper & some other QBs were out there - and they were asleep at the wheel - a second round pick, come on!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :confused:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

3. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I disagree...I believe Culpepper will turn out to be a fantastic catch for the Dolphins. Watch out for Culpepper to Gadsen and McMichael for 6...and Ronnie Brown WILL take the pressure off them...enabling it to happen!

The Fin's defense is still good...and I hear they are actively pursuing both Arrington OR Julian Peterson to go along with Pro Bowler Zach Thomas in the Linebacking corps.

These two acquisitions may be the start to something grand and key to the Dolphins being a legitimate threat in their division.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Culpepper for a 2nd round pick, it felt like Christmas being a Dolphins fan there. Wow, that is all I can say.

Culpepper to Chambers, McMichael, and I am sure we will get another WR with our first pick. Maybe Holmes out of Ohio State?? Man oh man, I am really looking foward to this year now. Go Dolphins!!

5. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Whoops! That's who I meant. Is Gadsen still even on the team?

6. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    I don't know how anyone can think Dante is overrated. He is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the NFL hands down! Our loss (sadly I am a Vikings fan) is Miami's gain. The Fins will have a much better season next year than the Vikes, and it all begins with who is lined up under center.

7. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Been a Vikes fan since the 70's. Had to jump on someone's band wagon as Iowa still don't, and probably won't any time soon, have an NFL team.
    I think Culpepper going to Miami works out best for all concerned. He's got a good skills package for sure, but Moss' departure showed us a supsect passing game. When a player is not content for whatever the reason, it is a hindrance to the production and success of the team.
    Vikes / Drama: Less will equal more for this season. :)

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Go Dolphins....We will fight for the Lombardi trophy this year.

9. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Being a Viking fan I was glad to see Dante go to the Dolphins or anywhere. I read the other posts about the dolphins big pass plays to come, Dante to some big name player or another and what your forgetting is that Dante's plays go more like,...... snap to Dante, oops... ball on the ground, stand there and watch it Dante, Vikings lose possession on their own 20 yd line, now that's the play that you Dolphin fans have to watch out for. Oh, yeah repeat several times a game, good luck.lol

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dont care what anyone says, Donte or Gus??? I will take Donte any day of the Week.

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yeah right! Maybe Culpepper and Ricky Williams can start their own cruise line in Miami! Call it "the Smoking weed and assaulting women love boat"!

12. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    One of the top 5 Qb's in the game? Yeah....his stellar 7 game season last year.... 6 td's 12 pick, 5 fumbles, 72.0 qb rating. and did I mention his problems with fumbles?

His career winning percentage? not even close to a top 5 candidate. He sure brought us Minnesotans alot of Playoff wins:rolleyes:

His stellar season 2 years ago produced what....an 8-8 record... and the playoffs that year?

The Vikes Were a "passing machine" for years....look at what washed up Warren Moon did with the vikes. Same goes for Cunningham. Heck, I think ya could have stuck virtually anyone in there and they could have been all-pro.

His size and mobility were the best qualities he had. The mobility is gone, and his size just makes him an easier target.

One last question....doe's anyone think maybe theres a reason why he was traded for ONLY a second rd pick? afterall, he is a top 5 QB, isnt he?

13. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa

When Frerotte got an opportunity to play in Minnesota, he did quite well. Also have to consider the "knee baggage" Dante is carrying with him now. Maybe why he was traded for 2nd round pick? Have to wait and see.

14. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    I'm adie hard vike fan glad Daunte is gone but it was my understanding that he would not be ready to play until maybe november

15. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think baitfish mentioned it earlier, If you aren't on the same page as management. Its time to take a different road.

He knows that he will never shine in MN the way he did with Moss recieving for him.
    With his knee being questionable and the soon to be over "Love boat Scandle". I think that Dante had enough of MN and wanted out.
    Was he a good QB. Yep.
    Will he do good somewhere else Yep. (when he is healthy, I would guess not much this year)
    Is MN glad to see him go? I think, some if not most are. I think that the majority probably are relieved that they don't have to deal with another scenario similar what we went through with Randy Moss before his departure.
    Good Luck Dante!
    This will be an interesting year for MN with New Owner and Coach and Good Ole Brad Johnson