Cuivre to Winfield

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by DWB, Oct 18, 2009.

1. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'll be on the river tomorrow between Cuivre and Winfield looking for some of those Fall monsters. Stop by and say hi if you see us out there. We are probably going to pull into Kinders and tie up for lunch...I have been thinking about those gizzards for a year now!

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'll be out there farting around in that stretch at some point today. Not sure where. Between Golden Eagle and Winfield Dam most likely.

Not sure what time. It's already 9:30!!!:eek:oooh:

Did they catch anything at the Winfield tourney yesterday????

3. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Dan, wish I could have made it out with you today. You'll have to tell us how you did. I saw Skipeye at the gas station when I got off work and told him you had asked me along. He said, he was headed down to the river and might see you there. Hope the both of you boat some monsters.....:big_smile:

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a TOUGH day of fishing. We had a really tough time finding bait. Water is pretty low. I could not buy a shad and had to spend nearly two hours to get an asian. Too long away from the river I guess...I must have lost my touch.:wink:

We had as much trouble finding the blues as we did bait. Picked up one rat at the lower end of Turkey Island and that was it. We marked a lot of fish, just could not get them to bite.

Hope the Cats Sass had a better day on the water than we did. The plus was that the weather was great. A little chill in the AM but the sun came out and made for a good day on the river. We did stop in for some gizzards too just before heading home, so all was not lost.

5. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Well Dan, part of the reason the water is low is because the Corps has all the water locked out up on the north side of the dam.....:wink:. duck hunting brings more money than catfishing, don't ya' know......:smile2:. Oh well, a beautiful day and some good eats, make for a good day on the water. I did notice that the Cat Sass had a carry out pizza with him after he had gassed the boat...:big_smile:

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    5 channel cats for me but I was fishing for Blues.

7. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    the family and i were on the illinois today we went with the searay club from hideaway harbor to hardin

8. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    The damn Okie thinks that Dan and I should fish together. He says that we both start to worry about eating before we ever leave the ramp.

9. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    That's all right Mrs Okie.....I usually start thinking about what I'm going to eat the day before I go fishing.:wink:

10. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    ABSOLUTELY! Especially where gizzards are concerned.

11. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    1st place 135lbs. 2nd 121 lbs. 3rd 117 lbs.

12. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well it sounds as if they all did a heck of a lot better than I did! Gotta be able to find bait before you can fish!!:eek:oooh::confused2: