Cuivre River State Park/ Lincoln Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Philiagorillia, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any of you guys ever fish here, i know its not known for producing alot of monster cats, im just wondering if the fishing is any good though.

2. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Lincoln Lake in Cuivre State Park, has good numbers of channel cats, bass, bluegill, and red ear sunfish. The lake is stocked every fall with 1-3 pound channel cats. However, the lake is so clear you almost have to fish at night or on a cloudy day to be successful.

If you decide to go, and you are after the cats, fish on northeast portion of the lake. There is a cove on that part of the lake that has a lot of brush in it. Over the years it has been a very productive area to fish.

If you are just going to catch fish and don't care about the species, a bucket of minnows is hard to beat. Most of the catfish are caught on chicken liver, and some on minnows.

I hope this helps.

3. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    Awsome! I just looked at some photos of the lake, it looks extreamly clean. We are going to fish strictly for catfish there, figured i'd take several brands of dip baits, some shad chunks, cured livers, night crawlers, so i have a wide variety of bait, and yes we plan to fish at night if that is possible to do there.

4. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Yes, they will let you fish there all night.

5. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    Very awsome, thanx! Now i just gotta get a map of the place!