Cuddeback cameras

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by whisker_chaser, Sep 29, 2007.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would like to hear some feedback on these. I have a cheapo Moultrie that I have been using. It works pretty well. But I do get a lot of blank pics with it. I am thinking that the trigger is not quick enough. My Moultrie however has a 4.0 megapixel image. I saw that the Cuddeback only has 3.1. I know that with some pieces a 3 can take better looking pics than a camera with a 5 or so though. Just wondering what your opinions might be. The Cuddeback is awfully expensive, didnt know if it was worth it or not.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I don't have any experience with the cuddeback. I know don't know what your budget is, but I like the M.A.D. wildlife eyes. If you have a video camera (Sony Handycam) with a LANC port connection, you can hook it up and get live video footage of the deer. You can set it for specific time clips and everything. Plus it has I think 30 infrared rays for night shots. They run around $400 I think without a camera. They are truly awesome. But as far as digital cameras go, I have a stealth cam, and it seems to work good.:wink:

3. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I started setting up game cameras a couple years ago. I picked up a cheap moultrie and got some pics, more blanks when I was covering trails than deer. Another problem I had and not sure if it was just my camera or a problem with that style was my daytime shots started not coming out. Just all white. I took it back and paid the extra cash for a cuddeback. i absolutly love it, the one negative is that it just takes 1 picture per setting and then delays a minute before the next picture. To help offset this the new cuddeback excite and no flash have video capability. I have since gotten some awsome pics and video of turkey deer. I for one recommend them, they are not cheap, so be sure you are in an area that they will not come up missing. There are some anti theft options on the newer cuddebacks that are nice. Here is a pick of one of the latest bucks I have gotten on camera.

Attached Files: