Cubscout campout

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Coon dog, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Coon dog

Coon dog New Member

State:
    Hodges,South Carolina
    New to the site. Looks great from what I've seen so far. Question? I'm going on a campout with my son's cubscout den. We are camping on Goat Island on Lake Greenwood. Does anybody have any advice as to what to use for bait around this area of the lake.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to the BOC, Rusty. I don't fish Greenwood, but I bet Chrisblue or some of those upstate guys can help you. There'll be someone along shortly.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member.

I dont know much about the area but Chicken Liver, Worms, Cutbait are all great bait for channels.

Good luck.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the board Rusty.

Glad to see you made your way over here.

5. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Welcome Rusty to the BOC, and about the bait, well it depends. With a boyscout group I would probly go for numbers. Channel cats would be your best fish to target. So for channels I would recommend Sonny's or night crawlers. For the blue cats I would let the boys catch there own bait , being bream & white perch. But to catch big blues you would need high caliber tackle. So I would still recommend targeting channel cats with medium action rods & reels spooled with 10 to 15lb. mono line, carolina rigged with 1oz weights & dip worms for dip bait or 2/0 J hooks for night crawlers. Hope this helps. But have fun thats the main thing.

6. Coon dog

Coon dog New Member

State:
    Hodges,South Carolina
    Thanks for the info guys. We did try some night crawlers and some shad type baits from Wal Mart. Caught a few fish but nothing much to brag about.