Cuba Landing

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by skbrilo, Jan 19, 2009.

1. skbrilo

skbrilo Member

State:
    Nashville, TN
    Just curious if anyone fishes the Cuba Landing area on the TN river. I may run down there on Friday.

Thanks,

SK

2. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Wifes uncle has a cabin down there and has had pretty good luck under the bridge. He caught a 25 lb last summer.

3. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    go under the bridge and head to the bluffs use whole jacks ull catch 1

4. skbrilo

skbrilo Member

State:
    Nashville, TN
    Going Sunday.... I'll let you know how we do.

Thanks

SK

5. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    were is Cuba Landing at?

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Where I40 crosses over the Tennessee River (upper Kentucky Lake).

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Forrest as jerry posted its the next exit after going east over the Tn River on I-40. Theres a marina there. I have always thought about fishing that part of the river. But never have.
    Pete

8. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fished that area alot from 5-17 yrs old. My grandparents had a cabin there at Eagle Creek resort. We usually started our drift at the bridge and would go down to the mouth of the Duck River, then start all over if they were biting. Good memories from there. Would like to try that area again sometime, especially now that we have a H'BIRD 997 installed!

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    What every you do. Please do not do that. I grew up fishing from Pickwick dam to Savannah. And could tell you about every good spot to fish there was in that stretch of river.
    Until I got the 987c-SI and my life changed for ever. If My dad was still alive. He would not believe what I have found where we were sure there was plenty of rocks. Turned out to be nothing other then cuts in the bottom of the river. And where we though there was nothing but sand and gravel. I have found some of the best fishing waters ever.
    Just letting you know the river will never be the same for you again after seeing what is there for sure.
    Pete

10. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete, that's what I keep hearing regarding the side-imaging. I'm like a kid in a candy store with the 997. Just had it installed a month ago and either been too cold or waters been up, so I'm itchin to go. I'm planning on fishing the Cuba Landing area alot this year.

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Just a heads up. I know someone the first day they had there.:sad2: While looking at the screen at idle speeds. Ran over a Red Buoy.. Now I will not tell you who it was. But man I sure felt dumb with people laughing at me for it. LOL
    But man its going to sure mess up your fishing big time. I know for the first few days I did more looking then fishing.
    Enjoy it learn the unit and how it works. And you will be fine. But its not a set and forget it unit. I keep my manual with me even after what 4 years?
    Heres a barge that I found at the Nation Gathering on Ky lake.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Sidescan/sidescanpicsapril001.jpg

12. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete, hopefully I'll have someone with me to watch the buoys for me! I've been told by 2 or 3 others to leave the poles at home and just play with the unit and not worry about fishing. I'd have to take a couple in case. If you get to marking fish and had no ammo, it'd make you sick!

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    They told you right. The more you use the unit, the better you will like it. Good luck and watch out for the shock your going to get. LOL
    I hear you can even find jimmy Hoffa with one of these.

Pete

14. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete, I heard that Phil King found a missing body at a tourny a year or two ago with his side imaging. You hear that?

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes he found it and did not take long. I was the one to take him out and show him my 987c-SI. And he was hooked.:cool2: It was not but a month or so until he bought his. Called me from the Ohio River after using it there. They named it the Mocking bird other then humminbird. LOL
    Pete

16. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Had a house boat at Cuba for about 10 years. anywhere from bridge up river to Morgans creek or Sugar tree on the east side and then back up river and around the curve just past the month of Duck river, after you pass Duck river start fishing the green bouy's side . up river from the bridge on the east side is a point that has a Cyprus tree out by it's self .there is a big deep hole there ,you'll find it. Lot's of good people from Duck river to pickwick