Crystal meth warning-VERY IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by plowgirl78, Feb 2, 2008.

1. plowgirl78

plowgirl78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    Please pass to parents, relatives and friends of young children...

The Ugliest Drug Marketing Scheme Ever

SEND THIS TO AS MANY PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS
    and PEOPLE WHO KNOW PARENTS AS YOU CAN.

Children's Meth

Checked this on Snopes. It is tru e. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/candymeth.asp <http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/candymeth.asp>

A very scary thing is going on in the schools right. There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks. It smells like strawberry also and it is being handed out to kids in school yards in AR.
    I'm sure it will make its way around the country. Kids are ingesting this thinking it is candy and being rushed off to the ER in dire condition

It also comes in chocolate, peanut butter, cola, cherry, grape and orange. It looks just like pop rocks.

Please instruct children to not accept candy that looks like this
    even from a friend and to take any that they may have to a teacher,
    principal, etc.

Pass this around it could save some family a lot of heartache!

They call it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.

Special Agent Todd V. Coleman
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
    Direct Office Line (956)753-4678
    Office Fax Line (956)753-4673

'Strawberry Quick' Meth- Truth!

Summary of the eRumor:
    The eRumor warns of a new form of delivering illegal methamphetamine to children by making it into a strawberry flavored crystal or powder.

The Truth:
    The eRumor is true and only the latest form in which methamphetamine has been mixed with sweet substances.

An Associated Press story published in newspapers across the U.S. on May 1, 2007 focused on discoveries of what appeared to be a strawberry-flavored children's drink at the scene of an illegal meth lab. It has come to be known as 'Strawberry Quick.' It has no connection with the popular Nestle QUIK flavored milk products now renamed Nestle Nesquik. Chris Harrison, a chemist at the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory, says that meth is bitter to the makers try to take that edge off any way they can and have used lollipops, sodas, candy, and anything else they can to make it easier for first-time users. The article said that the 'Strawberry Quick' angle came to light in January when the Nevada Department of Public Safety issued a warning about it.

The Strawberry meth has been reported in several states including Missouri, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Texas, Nevada, and California.

Because of the sweet taste and candy-like appearance there is concern about children coming into contact with it but experts say its not been made that way just for the purpose of introducing it to children. Giving it a sweet taste and a harmless-sounding name is a marketing technique to ease it into the hands of any potential victim.

According to a release from California Senator Dianne Feinstein she has joined with Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa to sponsor a bill in congress that would make it a federal crime to appeal to children with candy-flavored meth or other drugs. Feinstein said that substances like 'Strawberry Quick' are '...designed to get people to try it a few times. It's all about hooking young people, and we have to stop this practice before it grows any further.'

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:

This stuff is starting to turn up in Kansas . I thought it may be a good idea to put out an email so that those with children
    can remind them not to take unpackaged candy from anyone in school and of course, those they don't know.

Apparently, this meth is sweet and candy like, similar to pop rock crystals. The letter shows a picture of what is being recovered by agencies.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    what these bumbs will do to make a dime.

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I beat you had to bite your tongue calling them bums.I can think of a few words that come to my mind.It's crazy how they make this junk and give it out to kids.Personally someone ever gave stuff like this to my kids we would go a round on the mat.I guarantee a first round KNOCKOUT.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't this country have an ongoing war on drugs? Yea rite. We meanin whats incharge knows where and who they are. We just can't take care of it because of "LAWYERS"

THANX! I"m done for now.:angry:

5. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I got a 9mm that would take care of people a lot cheaper per round than jail time if they were caught,theres a fine line ya dont cross when it comes to kids and drugs is one of those lines..As a firefighter i have had classes on this drug and how its made and the boobie traps they set for law enforcement and firefighters who are on scene at a meth lab.Its dangerous for all of us involved,not to mention the chemicals used to make the stuff,the chemicals is stuff ya use in ya cars,house paints it goes on and on,you would ---- a brick if ya knew all that went in to makin this crap,and people know whats in it but the stupid --- people still use it.cant figure it out any way ive said to much fingers gittin tired , if ya hear of a meth lab,turn em in,its killer drugs,and that dont mean its good..yall have a good day,i gotta go cool down got pissed talkin bout it..If ive made some one mad over this post,like they say in Texas,,ol well!!!!

6. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    We have a real problem, even here in the Ozarks with this meth "CRAP". It is amazing to me what people will put in their bodies to get stoned. Battery acid, clorox, come on!!
    I will, and "I have", turned in jerks who make this poison.
    There is a special place in Hell for those people who are making this flavored meth for kids and I don`t think they are gonna like the "taste"....

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Nuff said by everybody else already on this post, I can't elaborate on it as it just ticks me off to no end about this drug and the people making or using it.
    I had enough dealings of people with this drug when I was on the Police dept here.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would go a shot farther. I would remove them from this planet. Even if they give it to my dog.Enough is enough. Its time we take america back, from these crackheads.:confused2::angry:

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I feel so bad for the poor people that are making this stuff and passing it along to kids.
    That is if I catch them. You can bet They may end up being fish bait.:angry:
    Its one thing for these stupid People to make it and then use it there selfs. But to give it to a kid. If someone does that to one of our grand kids. God help me. Cause I think I would turn into someone I used to me. A mean Pi$$ed off RED Head.
    Pete

10. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    This makes me so angry that i really cant comment on here. I just dont think i could say it without the bad language. But i could think of alot worse punishment for them than a bullet in the head. That would be much to fast and way to easy of a way out for the kind of scum.

11. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    this stuff has made its way to waco, it has been found here more than once.

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Anybody ever watch the Deathwish Movies with Charles Bronson?????

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I know California has a 3 felony strikes your out, life in the pen. I would like to see a "1 drug conviction = Life" statue. Heck in other countries, stealing= 1 less hand,etc. Why are we so lax?

14. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK OZZY.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thank you Sir. I try my best.

16. jug

jug New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ever heard the saying a tall tree and a short piece of rope

17. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Anyone that would target a child with a drug that smelled or taiste like candy or would hurt a child period should bypass the court system and hang them. Now thats my 2 cents!

18. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Amy,
    Thanks for the great meth info. Thats the first i have heard of this method of distribution. I definately will pass this around as well as research this in more detail. rspd507

19. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Thanks for the info, i'll pass it on, I know a few folks that pretty much ruined their lives with the stuff. Not cool to give it to kids who don't know any better. There are some countries that the penalty for possession is death, Malaysia is one, and don't get caught there with it and say ya didn't know any better. We gotta educate our kids, some of them will still try it, and some of them will like it. A good advertisement is pictures of users and their story. Some are still gonna try it, but education and prevention is still cheaper than enforcement and treatment. It would kinda take away incentive to have it around if there were no buyers.

20. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just goes to show how low these idiots will sink to make a dollar. It really is very sad. If there's a war on drugs, why cant we shoot the enemy?:confused2: