Cryptosporidium

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mr. Foster, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has anyone ever got cryptosporidium? I contracted it years ago from biteing my fishing line off in contaminated water. I had a parasite in my small intestine, and could not keep out of the bathroom, and this continued for two months. After I went to the doctor the next day I got a call from some government person inquireing what water I had been around. I was fishing a creek that was spring fed and looked crystal clear? Anyways I got my hair cut not to long ago and my barbor was talking about it too. He got his from a pond. He too bite his line off at the not. This was when I wass a bass fisherman primarily, so I had alot of re ties. I dont know why I thought about this, jus hate to see someone else get it. Cant bite off braid, so I have no problems now, lol.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks, good to know. I'm always slobberin on my knots before I cinch em up, so if I get the screamin hersheys after a fishin trip, I'll have a good idea what it might be.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Obviosly,I've never had it,Cause I've never even heard of it. Thanks for the heads up. I've allways cut my line ,and spit on it for slickin the knots,Guess I'm lucky.

4. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Sounds pretty nasty, Lord knows what's swimming around in the waters. I'll be extra careful now.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Never had that but sure sounds like it could have gotten real nasty if not taken care of.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    never heard of it...am terribel abotu slobbering everywhere tying knots:eek:oooh:

7. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Bert came home fron a camping trip with the hershey squirts. Couldn't stop. 2 days later he went to the hospital. They did test after test and he kept getting worse. His daughter was asking everyone on the trip for any information on what Bert had done on the trip. Bert was in ICU for four days before it was diagnosed correctly. It affects some people and not most others. Not a common thing. All four drank the same water and only Bert got it.

8. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive heard of it but never got it. I have often thought about this when rerigging but ive remained lucky up to this point...