crusin' for the big catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by indycruiser, Sep 14, 2006.

1. indycruiser

indycruiser New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm new here and fairly new to catfishing. I live in Bloomington, and fish at Griffy Lake and Lake Lemon. So far my 7 year old grandson is my only fishing partner, but he just can't stay up late and fish with me. I spend alot of time Lake fishing with some success. I'm ready to fish with some more seasoned catfishermen so I can improve and pass it along to my grandson. My oldest son is a policeman in Bloomington, but he is only interested in bass fishing and kind of thumbs his nose at catfishing. If anyone out there wants to fish here or Martinsville or around Morgan or Monroe Counties even Owen County I'm open. I will say that what I have seen so far from you folks is great. Thanks for all the great tips.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Joe I don't live near you but I am sure there are a few folks that do. I just wanted to say WELCOME to the BOC. Responses may be slow until Sunday Night are Monday due to the fact there is a national gathering going on right now and a lot of memebers are out of town attending that function. But Welcome aboard.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Welcome to the BOC! I dont live near you either, but its always awesome to see another new member! There is a lot of information here, and alot of good tips to catch catfish!

Kenny

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the neighborhood,hope you enjoy our site cause we aim to please!-------------pk powell:smile2:

5. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Hey, welcome aboard! I go to school at IU and fish as much as I possibly can. I like fishing Monroe more than Lemon or Griffy though. There are some real nice flatheads in Monroe. I would love to get together and fish sometime! just let me know when works for you! hope to see ya soon

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

7. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Welcome to the B.O.C. great to have you aboard, sounds like you already have a pretty good fishing buddy but if I get up that way I'll make it a point to look you up :smile2:

8. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    You haven't seen much as yet. Stick around for a while and you will be amazed at all the help that comes your way when you ask. The BOC members are a terrific bunch.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Joe, i wouldnt mind coming down that way for a nice night of fishing and conversation... we could hit Monroe or any other lake of your choice... I live in Mooresville but Im from Bloomington...... Just get ahold of me some time next week... Be at the Gathering in Kentucky this weekend... If your out over the weekend good luck.. And Welcome to the BOC... This place is great...