Cruelty: Is that zipper just for show.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jun 7, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If you were to ask me if it's cruel to cut a man's head off with a sword my answer would be no. For ideology, a law, or just being psycho if that is what's gonna happen it will happen. The cruelty occurred before with the capture, torture and imprisonment.
    As a Veterinarian I have seen cruelty many many times. An animal of any species does not get to vote. His straw is drawn by the person who acquires him. The first time I saw cruelty was in 1952. My Dad and I went to see a neighbor on business. The man, always known to be "different" was the last to use draft horses. We pulled in and he had a team hitched to a mower. A heavy piece of equipment and difficult for a team to pull because of the draft of the sickle bar. The inside gelding had a shoulder gall. The point of the shoulder where the collar fits and force is applied to pull whatever is behind. A gall is a draining open sore, sometimes quite deep and very painful. A horse just will not lean into the collar. Imagine an ulcer on the bottom of your foot and someone makes you walk down a gravel road barefoot. Tied to the front of the mower was a pitchfork. If the horse did not pull into the collar he would have to come back into the pitchfork. A dilemma for the horse eh?
    My Dad turned around and drove out. He would at the least seriously have
    hurt this man and maybe even have killed him. Later that summer the man hung himself from a hay-rope in his barn.
    I have killed many animals in my life. For food, sport or in my job as a Veterinarian. I frankly was good at it. I have no problem whatsoever killing them if I want to or have to. I enjoy this forum a great deal. Many many nice people who enjoy the outdoors , in many different ways. Hunting, fishing, trapping, boating, etc. I have seen instances of posts where people have broken the beak on a gar and thrown it back or tied it's mouth shut and thrown it back. They have caught what they consider a trash fish and thrown it in the weeds behind them while they continue to sit on their 5 gallon bucket and drink beer. If they aggravate, disgust, or annoy you throw them back or at the least have something behind that zipper and kill them like the guy with the sword. A number of young people are on this forum. Give them an example of how to do it right.
    This is my opinion, and if it micturates you off so be it. I can handle that.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Some more great reading, thanks for sharing. Enjoy it.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    if you look up thoughtful in the dictionary, i imagine there is a pic. of you next to it. excellent point though. if your gonna kill somethin' kill it right. i'm pretty sure i would rather die fast than slow... course i kinda like livin' at the moment.

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    there is no need to kill something for spite or just for the hell of it. I agree with you there are some that have no idea what is said impacts many. Had you ever had your jaw broken and wired shut and only able to eat out of a straw? at least you can get some food but, making a animal starve to death is beyond crule. it is just plane mean. Trash or not. You can't blame an animal for eating bait. it is a meal.

5. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina

I agree... except gar. Those suckers are demons with fins and I'm fishing for the Lord.

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Once again, you have some great writting. I see since in making an animal suffer. I wholeheartedly believe that what goes around comes around and GOD is gonna getcha for that.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Gotta disagree...Gar are living,breathing creatures too!!!
    Waste not,want not.
    Why kill/mutilate something for the hell of it? Makes no sense to me. I HATE snakes and spiders but I don't kill every one I see. I think its pretty stupid and pitiful for someone to kill/maim a living creature because they wanna play judge/jury and executioner just because they don't like it.
    No disrespect intended but I have a right to disagree!!!

8. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Of course you do but when we catch a gar, we put a 22 bullet in his head, then take him off the hook. Not wastefull, Something down river will make a meal out of him. And as the Lion King said "That is the circle of life"

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

OK,as long as you're not the type to make them suffer..Such as torturing,breaking beaks,throwing back to suffer..22 will make it quick & painless. You're right,not wasteful. Food chain. Turtles will eat it.
    I just have a problem with people that make animals suffer for the heck of it and just do it for kicks. Like people that throw 'trash' fish on the bank to die because they were hungry and took the bait...
    Didn't mean to jump to conclusions so quick Bro!

10. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    :wink: Nah, we only torture each other.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! Ain't that the truth! :wink::big_smile::lol:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the new word Doc! :big_smile:
    mic·tu·rate (mĭk'chə-rāt', mĭk'tə-)
    intr.v. mic·tu·rat·ed, mic·tu·rat·ing, mic·tu·rates
    To urinate.

[From Latin micturīre, to want to urinate, desiderative of meiere, to urinate; see meigh- in Indo-European roots.]

mic'tu·ri'tion (-rĭsh'ən) n.