Crows are getting smart!

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by Catfish_Commando, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Amazing how some animals can adapt in new surroundings.

[gv]-7329182515885554944[/gv]​

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks paul that brought back memories of the crow we had as a pet when i was a kid , dad took it from a nest when he was scouting a red tail nest he was a falconer any way we raised that crow for a few years it would fetch rolled up tin foil balls for bits of dog food and it made a good watch dog the alarm was quite anoying

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Stupid birds! Yea rite! LOL! THANX!

4. Don1

Don1 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Amazing!So much for bird brains.

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    that was pretty cool thanks for sharing the vidio with us

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Your right about that Paul! I went swimming with a few friends at the "ice Breaker" (Its a concrete structure infront of the the old trainbridge's pier) and we put our jewelry (watches and necklaces) in a hat and this crow waited till we were way out in the river before it struck....Struck you say?...yes struck...That darn thing took every watch and shiny object in that hat! We were robbed by a crow! We saw it perched a way up high on the bridge too but thought nothing of it.... at first though! Very smart indeed!

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    maby im thinkin of a different type of crow but i hate them.....

we have some big ones that like to kick and pick at the baby quail..... my mom saw that and told me to pluk them out of the neighbors treem and the ones in the backyard....

those things are so damn noisy......:angry:

at first i didnt like them so i used a 1377 and pumped it once just to get a pellet up to one of the palms and scare it off...

after while they dont care and start getting mean to the young uns:sad2:

thats when the rifle comes out:wink:

i shoot to protect the summer birds...not to hurt them :smile2::wink::smile2:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dang either leave them alone or eat Crow! :smile2:

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Sea gulls drop oysters and clams on beach side parking lots all the time. I saw one that had to drop the same oyster 3 times before it cracked.

10. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Crows are not only smart, They are one of the biggest reasons that they are taking led out of our shells. dept. of fish and game will not tell you this, but the crow is one of the main reason that the Condor is on the endangered list. they rob their nest and destroy their eggs and young. and it's not just the condor nest they hit, they will hit any nest they can find in the trees are on the ground. Have you not seen them being chased by little birds in the sky when you are out. they are not just playing chase, they are driving them away from their nest. I will shoot ever one that I get a chance to.

11. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

i watch them pick on the little armymen size qual we feed in our back yard

12. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Yes I know Leroy, I know They kill the baby Humming birds in the nests in my yard.

13. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    If you haven't shot crows your missing one of life biggest pleasures. They smarten up late in the season, but early on you can turn that tape on and they will keep diving in even as your dropping their buddies out of the sky and reloading!! If they were worth eating they would be more popular than whitetail!!