Crow hunting

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by robbie, Aug 8, 2006.

1. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    i was just wandering how many of us liked to crow hunt. myself i cant wait til season.

robbie

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I usualy go out once or twice a year. i woudln't call ymself a serious crow hunter though.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    What do you do with the crows ?

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I go with some friends on their land and hunt them. We take turns calling them in and "Get'um!!"

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    How do you hunt them cause they sure do get on my nerves when I deer hunt. Making all that racket pisses me off. But they never get close enough to shoot.

6. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    there is no season in pa the only day u cant hunt crow is sunday

7. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    i use a electric caller and some crow decoys. just place your decoys around the field and put the speaker beside them.cover the speaker with a little grass to hide it.when we hunt the woods we dont use decoys.theres different tapes that come with the caller so try them all til you find one that works best. i shoot 3" light loads with a full choke and they work great. when the crows come in be still because they can see the slightist movement. wear full camo,gloves and face mask. hope this helps you some. i know what you mean about trying to deer hunt and all them crows around you. they come past my stand by the hundreds. good luck.

robbie

8. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Our season starts in Oct. I use and electric caller too. Its a great sport. As the season go's on and you start finding gut piles and carcasses from deer season, the crows are easy to locate. Just set up a few decoys and hide good. Once they start it can be fast and ferious....

9. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I haven't actualy hunted them yet but have goten some of the paraphnela I have 3 crow decoys and 1 owl and a H&R heavy barrel 17 hmr also plenty of shotguns as well. Was wondering how efective the owl decoy will be.

10. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Forgot to ad a elctronic caller also.

11. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    What do ya'll do with them? My dad said that when he was younger they would eat them. But he's liable to tell ya anything. I haven't heard of anyone eating crow.