Crossline Swivel vs. 3-Way Swivel ?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by IrishO'Brady, Sep 13, 2006.

1. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have both crossline swivels and 3-way swivels, and I am downriggin with a 3 oz weight for blues. I started off using the three way then tried the crossline... have had excellent results on the latter.I've used 3-ways before and seemed like I got more line twist ups. I noticed the crossline swivel seems more like a "T" shape, while the three way swivel seems more like a triangle. Just wanted to see what everyone uses, and maybe which swivel is best for which functions.

2. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Oh come on guys somebody has an opinion? I'm not even SURE theres a difference but tell me what yall think

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I've used both, but got tired of loseing them when I get snaged and had to break off.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Plz look in in Libary under Post Nostler or something like that. It works like a Carolina Rig but you can use a break-away sinker. You can get fooled with a three-way if the cat comes toward you....OUCH!!!! Not the other rig.

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I'm not shure what a crossline swivel is?

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    The "Running Paternoster" much better than a 3-way for cut baits do to ya NOT getting fooled when the fish comes at you!! Plz use a break-away sinker!!

Its in the "Libary" under "Fishing Tackle" see "Paternoster".

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    The "Running Paternoster" much better than a 3-way for cut baits do to ya NOT getting fooled when the fish comes at you!! Plz use a break-away sinker!!

Its in the "Libary" under "Fishing Tackle" see "Paternoster".