Crossbow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bigcatman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    i have this horton crossbow and the string starting to fray should get a new string for it before next season

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Get a new string. I do it every other season whether I see fraying or not. Besure to wax the string before each use and keep the rail lubed with grease. be sure to sight in the Bow after you replace the string. Mine always shoots slightly high after a string change. Have fun.

3. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    thanks i might go and get that chanced now how much does it cost usally

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a Horton Legend SL I bought used on Ebay last year before the season came in here in VA. I had the string changed at a Bow Store and it was less than $20 if I remember right. Good luck. I love my cross bow. I messed up my right shoulder years ago. I'm 52 years old now and haven't been able to bow hunt for years. That has changed since Virginia made cross bows legal. I had a ball last fall and bagged several deer with my cross bow. Can't wait to do it again this fall.

5. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    i have a horton yukon sl think what its is i dont know if its an sl or not but i got it this year and amost baged me the biggest 8 point ive ever seen and its my first year hunting and i put a good stalk on that deer in the middle of a corn field but sounds like u had a good season though