Crossbow for Garr

Discussion in 'Gar Fishing' started by THE FISH WHISPER'ER, Feb 24, 2006.

1. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    hey fellas does any one know if there is a outfit for bow fishing to fit a crossbow? i enjoy gigging them while runnig bank pols in the summer and thought it might be neet to try it with my old barrnet?

2. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I have looked into this, as I'm also interested in converting a crossbow into a bow fishing setup. I have talked to two local bow shops. Neither one had ever heard of any such thing available on the market...but that doesn't mean it's not out there somewhere. I will check further into it. If I manage to find anything...I'll definately let you know. If you don't mind...please do likewise.

Thanks

3. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Ive seen some short clips about people shooting alligators with crossbows. but for the alligators they had those jugs that they attach to the end of the rope so they can shoot em again. Ur prolly wanting something with out the jug for some smaller fish i guess but i dont think they got em like that. If your plannin on catching some huge fish it should work out good for you.

I dont know what kind of crossbow u got but if it aint worth much you could prolly try building some sort of bracket on the bottom to hold your reel. Dont know how good it would work though.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I know of a few that places i get all my bowfishing stuff. I know we can't post it here. Just shoot me a pm.

5. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    i was thinking of trying to customize some standard bow equepment to fit shouldn't be to difficult just cut down the arrows and fabrcate a bracket for the reel i will get started as soon as i recover from the new AR-15 i just spent a lot of money on yesterday still to cold here anyway for that stuff just yet will let ya'll know how it goes

6. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Has any body tried for any type of gar in the Ohio river? And if so were at?