Cross creek lake

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by River dog, Apr 14, 2009.

1. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Does anyone fish cross creek in Washington co near Avella?Any luck? Any Tips? Are there any other BOC members in Washington co?

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was going to do some ice fishing one year but I guess your not allowed.
    I'm down in Greene co.

3. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Cross Creek Lake is THE lake around here for BIG crappies but I dont know anything about the cat population in it. I was planning to head down for some crappie action if I can get some free time to do it. If there are cats in it then it could make for a good trip to hit crappie during the day and cats at night. I havent fished it at all in a few years. We used to hit Dutch Fork alot and I know for a fact that it has cats. I caught my PB channel from it years ago. Didnt have a scale but the concensus was it had to go near 20# and lookin at pics of 20#ers it was dam close. Havent fished either one though since I moved away from Washington County. Used to live between 84 and Scenery Hill.

4. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    no they don't allow ice fishing, I have been hearing about some cats comingfrom there let me know if go up there to fish thanks...

5. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hey Justinyeah the crappies are great at cross creek. I am going give it a try for cats. The fish comission have been stocking channel cat fingerlings for a while and I have been talking to some friends who said some nice cats are being caught from the dam but its a long walk from the parking area.fishing is only allowed till 11:00 pm in the main park but im going to find out if you can fish later from the back way into the dam.As far a Dutch fork thy drained it a couple of years ago because the dam had cracks , I also liked to fish there.....