Cross bow...recurve or compound ?

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by FishMan, Oct 1, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Help me out guys. I have started looking at the crossbows and found There is a choice. In case you didn't read my first crossbow post I am looking because I can not longer pull a compound.

Hope you all can lead me the proper direction.

My continued thanks.

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Danny, I would suggest getting a compound because it gives you the best of both worlds. I haven't been around archery in about 5 years but back then Horton and PSE crossbows were really popular. Good luck, I'm waiting on a deer harvest story.

st

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I bought one used on Ebay. Horton Legend SL. I put a horton scope on it and shot a nice doe during our urban archery season. 13 yard shot through the heart and the doe didn't make it 10 yards before she died in mid stride. The cross bow bolt, "arrow", went right through the doe and stuck in the ground. My brother did the same thing in his stand 200 yards from me. I have a Bum shoulder also and had given up bow hunting. Now I'm back and loving it. regular archery season opens saturday and I will be out hoping for the monster 11 point that walked by me that I had to pass on. Does only during our urban season. Good luck

4. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    compound-i have a horton hunter supreme and love it.this is one of horton higher end crossbows. i do not have any back problems or anything but still use a crossbow.i do not have time to practice with a longbow.with the crossbow all i have to do is grab it shoot one practice shot and head to the woods.my opinion horton is the best but another good one is made by TEN POINT.but i think they are a little pricier than the hortons.i have a scope mounted on mine and the horton has a dial on the side of it .you turn the dial to the distance of your target and shoot.it is a nice and easy system to use.hope this helps