Crockpot Deer Roast

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Cattledogz, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    1 Venison Roast sprinkled with cajun seasoning
    1 Can Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup
    1 Can plain Cream of Mushroom Soup
    1 Packet of Lipton's Onion soup mix
    Just enough water to rinse one can then dump in other can and rinse, then add to crock pot.

Turn roast over in soup mixture to coat.

Cover crockpot and cook on low approximately 10 hours for average sized roast. (May have to adjust time depending on size of roast.)

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Barb you are making me hungry and I am trying this soon-we live out of our pot in this house in the winter & eat alot of roast.(vennison) Clean and process all of our deer ourselves so its roasted and steaked I grind as little as possible because ..well you know:wink:...you cant never go wrong with a crock pot -you know when that meat just melts in yer mouth & it was a tough ole buck to boot:wink:Gonna thaw one out now ....I gotta try it(LOL):big_smile::cool2:

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Let me know how ya like it Kenny. :big_smile:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That sounds really good . I'll have to give it a try. Season aint over yet.:wink:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I will tommorow fer lunch its on(LOL) have a fish recipee from one of the crew here I am diong up today Mama makes me cook most the game & fish she says I do better and the kids listen to her & take her side:angry:(LOL) so I am out gunned round here(LOL):big_smile: I love this place ya can do it all here -eat to ???? its on here(

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Heck Kenny, she is paying you a great compliment by saying you can cook better than she can when it comes to game and fish! :wink:

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah I know but she's a way better cook then I am. I think its more like you drug it home and skinned it you cook it I am hungry honey:roll_eyes:

8. ladyangler

ladyangler New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    :big_smile: That recipe sounds really good. I happen to have a venison roast in the freezer and will have to try this.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    That sounds awesome. Cant go wrong with Lipton's Onion soup mix. I use it all the time.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll be sure and add this to my recipes,I will try it on the very next roast we crock.

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Barb, that sounds really good!!! I'll try it soon and let ya know...:big_smile:

12. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    now thats a good meal!!!.................RAT

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Id recomend it..mama kept changing the program but got it done yesterday-aint nuttin left today....its good:wink: