Critter in sewer?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flaboy, Jun 6, 2006.

1. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    well I opened a manhole and got a surprise today, a possum :eek:oooh: hideing/ stuck in there. just a little midniter. took a garden rake and got him? out. hope he'll be ok, anyway he didn't even stay around to say thanks, guess he had planned to lift the 80# lid and crawl out!
    probly fell into a cleanout and floated to that spot. wonder what his mom will say when she has to give him a bath??:lol:

2. bigflatheadfisherman

bigflatheadfisherman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Never know what you will find in a manhole. I opened 1 one time and there was a skunk in it I shut that thing up quick!!:bad_smelly:

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    She will say, lucky Dano didnt find ya cause you would be stew tonight. LMAO

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    It was cool of you to let him go

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    thats a stinky sewer rat!

6. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Arlington, I've never tried fried possum:tounge_out: , baked possum is just too greasy:angry: , maby grilled? :lol:
    However I do not want any possible food? that was found in a sewer manhole.:crazy:
    as I mentioned, it was just a little midniter. couldn't have been over 6-8 weeks old. (sorry Dano, too small):embarassed:
    the idiot I work with remarked "it sure didn't wanta fight much" as he backed off, course he's askert of snakes too!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    At least it was not one of those 300# Alligators or 100# Rats they got in the sewers. LMAO

8. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Trouble with gators and NYC rats, most of our gravity sewers have 8" to 14" pipes tween them. hard for a big lizzard to navigate!:big_smile:
    course if they get on diet with Matt :eek:oooh: watch out!:lol:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

My old Golden Retriever loved to kill possums. She had one cornered one night out at my friend's lake house in the middle of three trees. This was when she was quite young, and it was HUGE. Biggest possum I've ever seen. She was shaking all over and barking profusely. After that, she started killing every possum she could find. One year she brought at least 10 up into our yard from the woods. I've personally never opened a manhole, so I've never seen any critters in one!

10. bigflatheadfisherman

bigflatheadfisherman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    In my line of work which is the intallation of water and sewer lines im always opening manholes. Live critters arent the only kind you find in them. Try opening one that an animal has gotten stuck in and died! Man if the sewage smell dont knock you out the dead animal smell will lol:bad_smelly: .

11. lil fishy

lil fishy New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those things creep the bejesus out of me. It was nice of you to let him go though. There's no sense in killing him and eating him for no reason....unless he's really tasty. :tounge_out:

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Last week my neighbor came over with a baby possum he found in his back yard. I quess the mother abandoned him and my neightbor was asking me what to do with it. I suggested to leave it where he found it, maybe the mama came back for it?

13. lil fishy

lil fishy New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't think she'll take him back if you get your smell on him. Maybe you could keep it as a pet?

14. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC

I can agree in principal but a pet? I know that don't work:big_smile:
    I was talkin to a lady one night, :big_smile: she saw a possom in parkin lot. I asked if she wanted it! :wink: I ran it down and caught it:tounge_out: then she changed her mind:sad2:
    after all that, I don't even remember her name:cool2:
    once I was young and foolish but now I'm just foolish!:embarassed:

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    don't Know About Possoms Taking Young Back Iftouched By Humans,however I Have Always Been Told That If You Pick Up A Baby Rabbit That Mama Won't Have Any Thing To Do With It Anymore.far As Eatin I'm Afarid Thier Too Greasey For Me. Coon Now Is A Different Story.nothing Like A Young Bbq Coon.

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    As long as turkey is .59 cent a pound in the store, I ain't frying no possom!

17. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I think that little feller had more then your smell on him. LOL,He should be fine,glad to see he got out of there with the thanks of you Lionel.Your a very good man.Reps for you...

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hope all here realizes I was joking bout eating that critter. Just like I do road kill. All though, some places I've eaten, I sure wouldn't want to take a peek at the kitchen. LMAO
    possum It aint nothing but a big over grown rat and I cant stand a rat.
    Aint nothing I'm scared of but a rat. Just can't trust a nasty Ol rat.
    Them little B D eyes and they can fit through anything. Now deer, hog, rabbit, bring it on. LOL.

I'm not sure you rescured it. It may have been right at home being the nasty critter it is. :wink:

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I agree give me the bird, and the trimmings for .65 a pound. LOL