Crispy critters boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by slabmaster, Mar 9, 2006.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    ROCKS! im in the process of rigging one just like it.

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ummm you talking about mine?It's a 16' Richline with a Suzuki motor, tops out about 30mph.It's small and light easy to load and unload.I keep it away from the big boats or it "Rocks"pretty good LOL!! I had a fiberglass fish n ski boat before this but after the kids grew up I didn't need it anymore.This one serves me pretty well.I also have a larger deep V with a bigger Johnson on it, but I haven't had it out for a couple years.This one gets me around in the coves and through shallow water pretty good.I only live a couple hundred yards from the boat ramp so I can back this one in and be gone with very little hassle.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    critter you mind if i ask what trolling motor you have and was it hard to mount? i also would like to know how many hp. your motor is aand if you have fished it in any swift water? thanks

4. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    It has a motor guide Trolling motor on it.It was already on the boat when I bought it.It is a 25 hp suzuki.I'm not sure what prop they put on it but it really surprised me the way it runs.A friend of mine has a light 16' fiberglass boat with a 45-50hp? late model Merc and mine outran it when he brought it up.His boat is probably a good bit heavier and I would say his prop isn't matched to the boat.I still haven't let him live it down cause he was telling me before we put in he wasn't waiting around on me all day to keep up.

5. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    Oh, and yea I've used it in fairly swift water.Just keep it pointed upstream and it isn't much problem.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks for the info. i am trying to deal on a 72 richline right now. the very first boat i had was a 16ft richline . my grandpa gave it to me. i had it stored and some jerks shot it full of holes.again thanks for the info.

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Critters boat? Heck he has not been out from behind the computer monitor to even find out if it still floats...LOL :p

8. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    Well I still don't know if it will float, but it will hold water.I stuck the plug in the other day while I was cleaning it up and forgot to take it out before the rain.LOL!!

9. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    LOL...Critter...guess it will float then...LOL:)

10. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Just got a 15' 1973 Richline v-Jon for my birthday. Has a 1968 20 hp Johnson outboard (FD-22) that seems to run well in a garbage can (lol) but I haven't yet had it on the water. It's my first boat and once I get acclimated to how it runs and feel more confident, I'll take it out on the Missouri. Any words of advice?