Creve Cour Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Dredge, May 5, 2009.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Does anyone fish Creve Cour Lake?Is it any good?Can I get on with the water this high?I know it's really an oxbow off the Missouri River.Any info would be appreciated.

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    be warned that due to pesticides that breached into the water table there the state recomended not to eat anything caught from that lake till just a couple years ago. fish there have pretty much just passed the point were they are no longer danderous to eat, according to mdc. but still hold trace levels of these piosons, they are just below the very harmful to humans stage.
    that being said i have never had much luck fishing there. some small channels and thats about it. you can get bluegil there and thats good bait. but i wouldnt keep anything you catch at that lake for personal consumption.
    and it only allows boats propelled by oar, wind, or electric motor......in other words no gas motors.

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    well heres a link that may help. it actually has been more than a couple years since that warning was lifted, more like 7 years. but they still have some recomendations you can read here.

http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/wpp/tmdl/7255-creve-coeur-lk-tmdl.pdf

i would just steer clear of eating anything out of that lake as they dont have the ability to check every single fish.