Creepy Crawly things.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Salmonid, May 8, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey folks, is anyone else having a real problem with Ticks this year? Im in SW Ohio and we had a fairly mild winter and Im telling you they are freaking everywhere!! I walked my 7 acre hay pasture yesterday and pulled 4 off of me while my buddy pulled 2 of of him and that was just walking in short (horse trimmed grass) and so far me and the wife have removed/killed about 2 dozen of em. Heck our dogs have had several already from the fenced back yard. ( we even spray the yard for Ticks specifically)

Ther is nothing worse then being in bed and finding one on some forbidden part of your body to make you itch and scratch all night long, it just freaks me out!

I have heard of lots of tips on tick country travelers so lets hear them and start a good thread as Im sure there bad in most places if there bad here this year. FWIW, the Poison Ivy seems to be bad this year so far as does the mosquitos! Next will be the Nettles...the curse of any river fishermen!!:eek:oooh:

Salmonid

2. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    It's the same down here in Arkansas, at least around my house. I live out in the sticks and they were about to carry me off until I put out poison.

I use to not worry too much about them other than just being an irritant, but now with Lyme desease and all of the other tick borne illnesses they scare the hell out me.

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Remember to use a good topical flea/tick treatment on your dogs and cats!

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mark I was at Deer Creek couple of weeks ago and got one over by the Spillway, I had my wife and kids there they didnt get any tho and they were in the grass a whole lot longer than I was.

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I was out on a sand bar and watched one of the little buggers try to attack me, he then met death by Camel cigarette :ah: . I usually try to put somekind of insect repellent on my jeans before I get into the long grass, I prefer the Deep Woods Cutter, but OFF will work too.

Aaron

TA2D