Creeks off Cape Fear River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by kenmany, Jul 6, 2006.

1. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    Hello all! I decided to go fishing yesterday @ Sutton Lake, where I fish quite a bit here in Wilmington. When I got over there is was so windy. I decided to go ahead and leave after about 2 hours of not catching any baitfish. I turned left onto 421 off of Sutton Lake rd and went about 2 miles and saw a little body of water on the right so I decided to pull over and check it out. I was sure that it was a creek off the cape fear as it was (checked it out on Google Earth when I got home). I saw a few bowfin coming to the top of the water and I also saw a small channel right on the bank, kinda weird I know. My question is, is anyone familiar with this little creek? Also, I know there are many creeks, large and small, off the cape fear; Is it worth the time to navigate up these creeks in search for some cats? Thanks and good luck!!!!

Kenneth

2. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    if its the same creek i am thinking about it is very black water and has an open area which necks back down.......probaly not many cats in there but probaly good place to catch bait....i have seen a lot of fiddler? crabs on th bank right there...mack

3. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    Mack,
    That is exactly where I was speaking of. The water is very dark. Im pretty amazed that someone actually knew where I was talking about. What about other creeks off the cape fear, is it worth going up them or do you think I would have better luck at the mouths of the creeks?