Creek question

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by tomcat85, Jul 30, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    so i havent had a lot of time to fish lately. i havent gone out for a good couple hours in a while. but there is this creek called connoquenessing creek that flows through town. now if followed it pretty far back up in. it gets pretty deep and some parts and there is a lot of debri laying around it and inside it. ive only fished there for trout. but i was wondering if anyone knew of any channel catfish that were in there or if anyone thought i should try it out to see if there are any in there? i hope there are what do you think?

2. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    throw a hook in it and see what happens worse case you have a day of fishing

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

sounds like you found a couple of good spots for both channels and possibly flatheads. good luck

4. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    i cant think of a single creek in the us that wouldnt support a catfish. as long as there is water in it most of the year there should be cats in it good luck.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i guess im asking b/c ive never heard of anyone going for catfish in there. its not very wide but i guess in some parts it is.

6. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Tom i have seen some realy big flatheads come out of some small creeks.
    Alot of catfishermen are just a little bit secretive about prime spots. Use some bait you find in the creek.

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    we have a small creek down below my house which is not very wide either but i always catch plenty of channels everytime i go

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    One of my all time favorite places to fish is a creek that most people drive across and dont think holds any fish. It is about a mile from a major river and i never know what i will catch. Especially after a big rain. I have caught flatheads, channels, bullheads, crappie, al the sunfish, walleye, northernpike, ect. The creek is only about 20 ft. wide and most places only 1 1/2 ft deep , but it has some holes 5 ft or deeper and a lot of trees hanging over it .
    TRY IT you never know.

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    yeah i dont know if its off a major river or not but i really hope there is some stuff in there. its a pretty far hike back some train tracks and whatnot thanks for the info guys!

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I also fish a small creek a lot. It's only about 20 feet wide in a lot of places also, but there are some holes that are pretty deep and tons of cover. The biggest cat I have caught out of it has been an 8 lber, of course I got it on my ultra light fishing for some bait. I did the turn it back in and maybe I will catch it again.

11. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    that creek is hard to get to. there isn't many access points t fish. there is so many houses along the banks. I've wanted to fish that crek for years but don't know where to go. I know some people go down on canoes and they do good. I've heard its good for muskies. Its pretty deep coming out of Ellwood City, I know there has to be some nice cats in there just have to find a spot to fish

12. Like anyone I say just try to fish for some cats and see what happens. You can never go wrong by just trying. Back home in Nebraska I can remember catching bullhead and small channel cat in some stream spots that were at least 4-5 miles away form the river it poured into.

13. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i know of some spots. theyre not near ellwood city at all. but same creek. you have to do some hiking but you can get there.

14. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i dont come across many people that fish for catfish in the delaware river much less the smaller creeks that i fish sometimes. thats ok by me because some of the best spots no one ever fishs for cats and i have the whole spot to myself besides the ocasional trout fisherman. many times i put out one pole with some cut bait and another with power bait or bread so you have a chance to catch channels and trout. give it a try