Creek Madness

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by C_wernett, Apr 25, 2007.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went fishing on a creek that I frequently fish for bowfin, gar, warmouth, and the occasional other fish. Jigging for bait, I caught a 11" crappie right off. Caught a couple small sunfish, set out a cut bait on a float and got hit good but missed the hookset. Put her right back out and she went again, this time hookest was good and I wrestled in a bullhead that went just at 17" long and weighed over 2lbs(by the way, don't let one this size bite you!). Set up a bottom rig and soon had one that was 17 1/4" long on my light tackle. Next cast got me with a 15" bully. Things got kinda of slow, changed my bait on my float, turned around the float made an audible "popping" sound as it was pulled under! Hooked up and the fish just did what it wanted to, ran me across the creek into a snag and broke me off(I was fishing a 7' baitcaster with 12# test). We've caught a couple of small flatties in this area, but this fish would have easily gone 20lbs. Things stayed slow for a bit then I caught another bully that was 12", and then just before I headed out I caught a nice 17 1/2" white cat. Got some decent pictures that I'll get up here later.

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    sounds like you have a nice place to catch bait and have fun at the same time.

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry for the delay, resizing pictures on this new program is a bit tricky, so each time I do this I hope the pictures are turning out o.k. Hope that we get some rain so these guy's bite will pick up again with the return of normal water levels.

Attached Files:

4. Matth2083

Matth2083 New Member

State:
    Raleigh
    Where did you say this creek was, roundabout?

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If I remember right it comes off the Trent River. The area I fish is just outside of New Bern.