Creek Chubs

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by creek_fisher88, Aug 25, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    im giong fishing tomorrow morning and hopefully tomorrow evening. I was just wonder if any of you have used creek chubs for bait and how well they worked and what size and if you used them dead or alive. thanks for any posts. creek

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've used chubs alot. Catch mainly channels on em around here. I like em 6" or bigger and alive. Also turtles love em. lol

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Creek chubs can be used anyway you like:cut, whole, live, dead

4. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i like to use creek chubs hooked through the back and cut a sliver off from there tail so that they bleed slow. works good for me. but any way you want to use them works i think.

5. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
  6. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Hi . i owned a bait shop up there a few years back and chubs are a flathead bait. they love chub,s and gold fish there . My moto : The bigger the bait the bigger the fish. lol chubs are oily so flats like em. gold fish is just a form if a carp. i use the white ones. good luck tonight

7. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    thanks. did your bait shop bring in good income

8. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    As a matter of fact it did . I had a cat and carp bait shop i had everything for cats and carps there was to offer. I carryed 150 diff. kinds of bait for cats and carps ,Baged,frozen.and swimming. My biggest Live bait seller was Chubs (sucker chubs and or creek chubs) I sold alot of gold fish too. I allways tryed to get the white gold fish for myself to use in the cat tournaments there around the state. My shop was in indianapolis on Troy Av. and hardin street. I didnt sell to much for the bass guys i was on a river and around 2 or 3 private lakes and all the pay lakes was around or close to me. So had a lot of cat guys. sold 2 or 300 pounds of chubs a week to them. Good luck on your fishing trip.

9. eaglesfan00000

eaglesfan00000 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I love creek chubs and flatheads and channel cats love em.
    I caught a 18 pounder on a 4 inch creek chubs.
    Caught a 12 pounder on a 5 inch creek chub tonight.

10. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    WOW thats a great success!!

11. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Hello,

Well creek chubs is one of my favorite baits for many different species of fish. I use 8 to 12 live creek chubs for flathead, half of a 4 to 6 inch creek chubs for channel cats, 8 to 10 inch live creek chubs for pike and 6 inches or smaller live creek chubs for walleye.

Take Care Everyone!

Sincerly, Kevin

12. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Creek Chubs are great man, used em' on the last outing and caught an 11lb. blue and a nice channel in about 1 hour. I wish I would have had more than 2 chubs on that trip :angry: , I prolly woulda caught more cats if I would of had a few more chubs to use for bait. :sad2: Oh, well. Atleast I caught somethin'. But, yeah, chubs are one of my top baits when I can get my hands on a few of em'.

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    creek chubs are a good bait for me:cool2: