Creek chubs

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by MO RIVER MAN, Aug 2, 2006.

1. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Are creek chubs a good bait for blues?

2. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Yes... I've never had much luck with them because the fish were in a shad mood that day but i know people who when ever my trap is in the water they are asking me to go catch them some and paying me so they can go use them...

3. Back home in Nebraska thats what a lot of the older fishermen used. When my best freind TA2D caught some he would end up selling them to our local bait shop and get a decent price for them. Creek chubs would usually sell the best because everyone was using them aparently.

4. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    I USE THEM IF I CAN'T FIND SHAD OR SKIPPYS.I LIKE TO USE THEM AROUND FEEDER RIVER MOUTH OR CREEK MOUTH GO FIGURE. SOMETIME THE BLUE WILL HIT OVER SHAD OR EVEN SKIPPYS.:0a26:

5. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Here in utah we don't have alot of shad so they are really hard to find and if you do you cant use them live. I hate it but if i can find some creek chubs its all good the cats here suck em down like twinkies

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Some times early in the morning I will take my fly rod to the creek and catch a few of these and use them for cut-bait. We don't have those monster flatties up this way but, they work great for channels and bullheads too!

7. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I used to fish for Flatheads all of the time around my hometown, we would always pick up a blue or fishing with them!

8. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I always use them, and i have pretty good luck with them

9. catcatcher311

catcatcher311 New Member

State:
    Ne
    My friends uncle caught a 45 pounder on a chub using it as cut bait so they definatly will eat creek chubs. I have only caught a few channels and gar on them even a few bass but haven't caught a blue yet on them.

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah they will hit on creek chubs... my biggest blue was 18 pounds and i caught it on creek chubs... and i was fishing a sand bar were the river turned..

11. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I used a bunch of creek chubs tonight since I caught so many while trying to get bluegills in a local stream near my home before I went out tonight. Trout Magnet jigs do the trick - I saw them as a recommendation on a local forum near me and they are awesome.

Walmart sells them for $10.19... you get a little stowaway with a bunch of color grubs and different color weighted jig heads.

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Crrek chubs really produse for me.. i hope you have just as good luck with them as i do