Creek Chubs

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by gone_fishin, Jun 19, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Does anyone know where I can catch some of these in the Logansport area? I've been fishing creeks the last couple of days and have been coming home empty handed.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Try throwing a cast net if you have one, or seigning for them

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    They don't like the taste of the water that far north . lol
    I don't find them like i used to or shiners.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I use small chunks of nightcrawler or hot dog for creek chubs around here.

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Try fishing under a bridge or any place that is deep,,,4ft or more. They tend to like shade also. Creeks around here are full of them and sunfish. The creeks I fish are very small, say 4ft to 8 ft wide.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I've fished a couple creeks but have come up with nothin. I fished a creek that I used to catch a ton of creek chubs out of but havent caught anything.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    maybe you told somebody about them? better find another spot off the beatin path. you can set minnow traps in locations to test out the spots. i had that happen to me on a bridge spot. started catching less n less then one day i pulled up to find three people standing on the bridge. another reason mite be they are spawning and have moved out. creek dynamics can change to and move them to a better hole. whatever the problem is i hope you get it worked out brother,i know how those cats love chubbies.

8. RiversOwn

RiversOwn New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    i have had my best luck with a minnow trap. throw in some bread or dog food works good for chub bait

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Make sure you check your state's regulations about minnow traps. I know that here in Missouri the opening can be no more than 1 1/2".

Some people have talked about using traps for shad, but that won't get you much for size.

10. phatkat

phatkat New Member

State:
    central indiana
    I use beemoths and a small bobber and small hook find the deepest hole on any small branch and they should be there

11. jim701

jim701 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I catch all of my chubs in a drainage ditch off of a field.Any small creek with a deep hole usually produces for me.

12. adamf

adamf New Member

State:
    tennessee
    they probablty are exellent for bait