Credit where it's due

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Jan 23, 2006.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Brothers and sisters,
    Some many times, deeds are never awarded nor are they made known.
    So, After asking permission(sorta of) I must let it be known to all, what a few have found out.
    Our founder and chief rep, (Paul) was just awarde ( recieved a metal for you civies). It is known as The Bronze Star. To a lot, this may mean nothing, a little , or even as to me, a mountain. I have know 2 men who I had the pleasure to serve with, to earn one of the highest awards this contry has to offer. There are a select very few that are higher.
    I know not why and how that Paul EARNED this award.(I do this to underline that these are not "given") it is not my place or desire to ask how and why. I was not at the presentaion , nor the act,so, I will not venture to quess , nor invent.
    I will only offer my 100%, no 110%, hand of graditute and admiration for a deed that I myself can no longer do.
    This man is not some simple name and face on the daily news who we do not know. He is one of our own.
    For God's sake, if you have not loked for a reason to write, or nothing less take an interest in whats going on, then by all means , do it now.
    We have boys, girls, cousins, uncles and aunts, Moms and Dads, there, everyday, dying for what our elected people say to do. Please, take an interest, write a letter, for God's sake, bitch to someone who could make a difference, don't just sit there. Exercise the very right that they are fighting and dying to give you. If you don't like what I say, you have the right to differ.

One more thing;
    Paul didn't give me permission to post this. I only asked wasa he trying to keep his award a secret. he said no, he'd been busy. (That alone tells me that him not "Letting the news slip" means he's not one those who wants his horn blowed)
    Paul, I give you the civilian salute, I am not of the military anymore,but, I do love and respect those of you who are. You have my undieing respect and gratitute.
    Signed," An American, who still believes"

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Way to go Paul and thanks for preserving my freedoms as I sleep.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Congratulations Paul for a job well done!

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Paul,

Thank you so much for serving to protect my family, and myself. I know that since it was awarded to you, that you EARNED it. With heartfelt thanks, Tony

Keith,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    My greatest admiration to you sir.
    From an old vet to a young vet.

6. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Thank you paul.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you Paul, and congrats.:)

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Congrats Paul! :) :thumbsup:

9. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Paul, you have my admiration and deepest respect, Thank you.

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Thanks Paul for protecting our rights.

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thank You Paul, for protecting what is right. For helping us to know we are free. Thanks again for such a fine place to talk fishin' and outdoors and life goings on.
    Job well done, Sir.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congratulations Paul on The Bronze Star. You have my up most respect. I do admire the man you are and that aint no suck up or anything. You Serve your country, take care of your family, friends and business. You aint know slacker. Your a good man that believes and protects in what's right. That is easy to tell. I hope one day I can shake your hand.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Congratulations, Paul. Perhaps one day you will tell us more about this great honor you earned while serving for this great country and all of us. Thanks once again for everything you have done here at the BOC and for the USA.
    With deepest respect,
    Cheryl and Swampy

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Congratulations Paul, you sir have our complete respect and undying gratitude. Welcome home once again, big guy.

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You done your job,and a lot more.I am glad someone was around to notice.Thanks,peewee-williams

16. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Congrats Paul, you should be proud, Very Proud indeed. I know I am. Thank you for contribution.

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very awesome award Paul, thanks for serving your country.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Paul, congratulaitons, I think we all are lucky we have people like you!

19. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Congrats Paul,
    Thanks for everything you do!Hope you can post some pictures?
    Ernie

20. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wear that star with honor, you earned it!!!! Great job and thanks for your contributions not only here but wherever you venture.