Creating Habitat: Attractors

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by elshale, Sep 21, 2005.

1. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    I have sunk a few hollow logs, two christmas trees and quite a few cocrete blocks to helpw with my areas attractors. I think the pond is pretty bowl shapped and none discriptive underneither. Has anyone else done similar things to there fishing hole. Pond is only 3 - 4 acres big.

2. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    In my opinion, wise catmen will build similar structures in key spots on lakes and reservoirs whenever possible to build your own "honeyhole".

3. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Catfishermen in the know will always do things a little different to put the odds in their favor. I'd say you done well. God bless.

4. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    I would get some drums(plastic and cleaned out)
    sink them down to the bottom cut in half long ways

5. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    In the pond I used to fish in, we would sink all kinds of things. We would put trees down there and cement blocks in different locations. The fish would always hang out around the structure. I caught a 8 1/2 lb largemouth out of a pond, which is an awesome fish for southern wisconsin.

6. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

Setting out habitat is favorite tactic of noodlers. They will sink a half drum or old tire and then go back and pull the catfish out. I haven't tried this my self, but I've read a lot about it.

7. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    Thanks guys. I red to make the channels spawn in the pond you put 5 gal buckets in 1.5 2 feet of water early may and boom. Spawning has begun.

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    :confused:

Whats with the half drum thing. I was thinking 1 & 1/2 drums for Flatheads one attached to the other open end. Just need to figure the best way to attach them with all ends open. On the old BOC there were directions for building a grapling box 4 ft wide x 6 ft long by 2 ft high, this would be ALOT smaller :confused:

Can anybody set me strat please?

"Join in the pursuit"!
    <><Baitkiller><>