Crazy!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FREESPOOL, Dec 5, 2007.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Well. it's 6:30, and my wife, wives G-ma, wives Mom, and kids just left for the mall to go see Santa. And I'm sneaking out to the river. Hopefully to catch a fish or two. Wish me luck!!!

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck Dan.......hope you catch a good one

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Good luck Dan... Watch out for frost bite... You do realize how cold it is out there don't you... I love to fish but I gotta draw a line somewhere...brrrrrrr

4. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Didn't yall just have a bunch of snow up that way? Good luck Dan.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    We had high winds and temps in the 30s. Some light snow was blowing but no accumulation. Just a raw and cold day.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Give em he!! Dan. And these guys are complaning about a little freezing rain this week end...:roll_eyes:

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Good luck out there Dan. It's pretty darn cold out there.
    This weather reminds me of a trip Cuz and I took back in February....A run from Festus to Chain of Rocks. That was a coooooooldd trip!
    I don't think it's crazy, just die hard that's all. Can't catch no fish sitting on the couch, that's for sure.:smile2:

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    NOTHING!! :angry: But I didn't stay out to long. I've got to work tomorrow. I was dropping anchor by 7:30. And I pulled the boat out of the water about 10:30. Shortest fishing trip I think I've ever had. I fished 3 different holes fairly close to the ramp with no luck. I had enough layers of clothes on that I really wasn't cold. If it wasn't for work tomorrow, I'd have been looking for another hole. :big_smile: Now, when's my next chance to get back out?

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well...I'm on vacation and don't have to go back to work until January 2nd!

What in the world am I to do? Well I guess I'll hit the gym and well..................................I guess..................................I could maybe wet a line or two.

Soooooooooooo if any body needs a fishing parnter or has a day off during the week (I'll have my daughter on the weekends) give me a shout. I've got a boat but I also am pretty good at pulling up anchors in other peoples boats! (Ryan :wink:)

So Dan, or anybuddy else, if you need a buddy, give me a holler!

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I would love to go this week Bill but I am on sofa duty (picking out a sofa with Heather) tomorrow night and I pick my son up on Friday. One night next week will probably work. Give me a call some time and we can set it up.

Dan, you are a brave soul my friend for going out tonight. Did you have any luck marking fish?

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I thought I did Ryan, but I couldn't put one on the hook to prove it. I'm pretty sure I marked thousands of asians though. :big_smile: Behind each bridge pylon under the clark bridge there were hundreds of asains stacked up.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Dont worry Dan with the right amount of lead fumes and a few beers we will get you over this fear of poking hook holes in those fishes mouths.:smile2: (J/K buddy) I have never fished up there but it is definately on my list for next year. I can't wait to get back out there and try to find a school of cats to blacken the screen.

13. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I get done with school next tuesday and would love to nake a trip out on the river anytime from wednesday till about Christmas so just let me know if ya need an anchor puller.