Crazy Story

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Mar 4, 2009.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    3 years ago this April my Dad passed away. He was my best friend and the one who taught me how to fish. Words dont come close to what he means to me and it aint been easy going on without him. Not an hour goes by that he doesnt cross my mind.
    Well, about a year after he died I was online reading old fishin reports from some Oklahoma fishin site. I noticed a nice striper that was caught below Kaw Dam. Thats where we spread my Dad's ashes after he passed and thats where I grew up fishin.
    I clicked on the small thumbnail and the pic popped up and my heart stopped. In the background of the picture is my Dad and I tied up to the cable below the dam. I couldnt believe it.
    What are the odds of me finding that picture on the internet?
    I have had a couple of things like that happen since he passed. I think its him lettin me know that hes still watchin over me. I sure hope so.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    WOW, that is really some thing Kyle, I'm happy for you that you came across it.:smile2: HE works in mysterious ways, that's for sure.:wink:

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Kyle that is a great story, the ones we love never leave us they are always with us in some way or shape. I would had loved to bend his ear some on fishing.

4. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Very cool Kyle

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    That sure is :cool2: Kyle, sure is amazing what you can find when surfin the huge internet:smile2::wink::smile2:

Thanks for the pic and the story.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea its a mf aint it :sad2: ive been without mine for about twice that long :sad2: yep you made me cry :embarassed: im getting off here:angry:

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Mine died when I was 6 yrs old, and Im 30 now. I wish I had half the time you guys had with your dads. I learned everything the hard way on the streets, but I think it made me a better person, because Ive seen so much. Great story Kyle. Glad you shared that. I fished with my dad and grandpa one time, when I was about 5 yrs old. I just wish I could talk to my dad....... once. :sad2:

8. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Sorry guys, I didnt mean to stir up emotions.
    All we can do is hope that we will see them again, and that you can fish in heaven.:smile2:
    Our time on earth is short and we must live that way.

9. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey Kyle I know how you're feeling. My dad passed away unexpectedly last October.We always went on opening day of trout season no matter how cold it was...even if we had to break the ice to do it.Last Saturday was the first trout opener we'd missed in 15 years.I didn't wanna go by myself but my other friends that go trout fishing with me were busy. I ended up going to Lake of the Ozarks gar fishing instead.I did bust one of his rods in half on a hookset.He was always having equipment problems.We still call a backlash or a ratsnest a Larry.When I finally went trout fishing Monday I caught a trout that was 20" long but 15" diameter. He was built just like my dad. It didn't look like he could swim he was so fat.But he put up a hell of a fight and burned off drag 3 or 4 times.Sorry if I'm rambling incoherently guys.:sad2::sad2::sad2:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    That must be why Donnie is the way he is..:smile2:..living on the short side!:smile2:

11. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the memories Eric.
    Its hard when you loose a parent, especially if they are your fishin buddy.
    It was kinda hard for me to fish at first but its like medicine to me. Thats a big reason why I fish so much.

12. CatAttack08

CatAttack08 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Amazing story and picture, Kyle!

13. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Way cool Kyle. I'm sure he'll find you again.:cool2::wink: