Crazy guys and a sailboat....

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Oct 21, 2006.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I was out by Lexington fishing off the end of a dyke and happened to look back over my shoulder and saw a sailboat coming down the river. Took me a minute to realize I wasn't seeing things. Said hi to the guys on the boat and they pulled in behind the dyke where I was fishing and we shot the breeze over a couple of beverages. Apparently they put in at KC and are heading to Mobile, AL via the Missouri River, Miss River, and the Tom Bigbee waterway. Fishing wasn't worth much so we talked a couple of hours. They're planning on making about 20 miles a day (they have a small outboard on the boat, so mostly sailing and slow going) so they'll be on the MO awhile before they hit Alton and the Miss. Pretty decent couple of guys, funny to talk to. Thought I'd post it on here in case anybody East of KC happens to see them on the river. Could be a long trip, though, if the COE is really going to let the river drop they way they say they're going to.....

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    glad to see you back on here,it would be alittle cold going all the way down this time of year,How long was the boat?

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    22. There's a cabin and covered place to sleep, so they'll won't completely freeze....Guess it kind of evens out, leaving this time of year they won't have to worry about barges...till the Miss.....

4. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    One of these days I'd like to do a trip like that, maybe down the Tennessee River.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I have always wanted to start in st joe and fish all the way to boonville,We should see if we can get several boats next year and do that ,everyone could take a weks vacation

6. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Sounds great Robert, such a trip would be an added adventure everyone would enjoy.

7. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I seen them tied up at sibley just down from the ramp friday evening, looked like they were done for the day and they were gone before I put in saturday morning at 7:00 am.